GirlMommaGifts
Inspiration Seeker

Star Seller Answering Messages Incorrect

I recently saw my Star Seller messaging dropped to 80%. I answer all my messages within the hour I receive them, so I don’t understand why it’s low. Trying to report and inquire and it takes me here. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Star Seller Answering Messages Incorrect

Download the csv of messages and you'll see which wasn't answered. Are you aware that ALL messages (even those where YOU were the buyer, and scams) must be either answered or marked as spam?

0 Likes
Natalya1905
Conversation Maker

Have you tried to download your message history to check what it could be? There are many complaints that valid messages go to Spam. 

0 Likes

@GirlMommaGifts: Have you checked the applicable CSV file available on your Star Seller page to confirm which new Message threads Etsy thinks were unanswered or answered late? 

When you look at the file remember that that the dates / times are in UTC (not your time zone), only the first message of a new incoming thread is included (all that counts for Star Seller), and usually a new incoming thread is not included until after the 24 hour reply window has passed regardless of when you replied. Star Seller stats (and the CSV file) seem to be updated only once per day so there may be an additional day's delay. There is also a link to the actual message thread so you can verify if the data is correct or not. Keep in mind that the Star Seller metric is NOT all new messages but only the first message of all new incoming threads.

0 Likes

Mine too and I've responded to everything or marked the Etsy "information" message as spam just in case.    I figure it will shake out in the long run or I don't care if star seller doesn't carry over to May.  <shrug>

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.