GraphicPalsShop
Inspiration Seeker

Can’t message buyers

I launched my Etsy store in February, but roughly a month ago, my messaging privileges were suspended. I promptly contacted Etsy, yet I still haven't received any clarification on why they were disabled. Despite reaching out three times, although the customer support team was empathetic, they were unable to assist directly. They assured me they would escalate the matter to another department, but unfortunately, I haven't received any follow-up communication."
Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Can’t message buyers

You can always send your buyers an email.

0 Likes

@GraphicPalsShop: If you are getting the "Bummer, your messages have been temporarily disabled" advisory, and not to discount the fact that your messaging may have been disabled in error, generally it is because the system has detected that your account has been sending unsolicited non-transactional messages. Based on other posts in this forum, one could also infer that intellectual property infringing shops are also affected.

There does not appear to be a published time for how long messaging is muted and based on posts in this forum it can vary.

Again based on other posts, Etsy does not seem to view support requests based on suspected user violations as a priority.

If the Message muting is in error, one of the Etsy Admins has been able, in several cases, to restore messaging. Hopefully they will see your thread and will check into it for you.

0 Likes
GraphicPalsShop
Inspiration Seeker

Since I lost the ability to respond to my Etsy customers, I've resorted to using their emails for communication. I'm uncertain why my privileges were disabled; my Etsy listings are highly customized, and customers often engage in back-and-forth questioning. I suspect something may have triggered the restriction, but despite assurances from four different admins that I would be contacted, it's been over a month with no communication from Etsy. My store, just two months old, has already garnered over 140 sales, making managing communication incredibly challenging

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.