Bummer! Message replies are temporarily deactivated??????

For more than 2 weeks now I get a pop up that says message replies temporarily deactivated?? I have sent no less than 10 emails to Etsy for help and an explanation...NOTHING back from them to date other than some useless garbage autogenerated emails!  NO HELP AT ALL!!  I even searched for ph #s to call, all I get is a recording about using online help function.  I need help, no BS messages or emails!  Any have any other ideas or a way to get a hold of someone (either live chat or by phone) at Etsy.  TYVM for any help!!  DsTs

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
AVAArtsSupplies
Conversation Maker

Re: Bummer! Message replies are temporarily deactivated??????

Are you sending messages to people who favorite your items or to random people on Etsy? If so, that's why it's shut down. 

The autogenerated emails- respond to the last one. Don't keep opening a new help file. Etsy will close down the first help request when you open a second, the second when you open a third...  There used to be a phone number, last I heard they closed down the line. 

0 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

etsy has been de-activating messages.

from sellers who sell things that violate policies.

and the law.

4 Likes

@DsTsandMoreTreasures: If you are getting the "Bummer, your messages have been temporarily disabled" advisory' and not to discount the fact that your messaging may have been disabled in error, generally it is because the system has detected that your account has been sending unsolicited non-transactional messages.

However there have also been reports of this action apparently being taken against shops with intellectual property violations. You need to include your licensing information for all of the trademarked and copyrighted names and images in your shop (such as Game of Thrones and Avengers),  in your listing, otherwise buyers (and Etsy) may conclude they are counterfeits. Including the licensing information will show that you are not selling those items illegally and in violation of Etsy rules.

3 Likes
Jewels2at
Community Maker

@DsTsandMoreTreasures  you never answered...were you sending unsolicited messages...

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.