Spam messages disappearing?

The last few days I've been getting bombarded with spam messages. I'm somewhat used to it, but what worries me is that I get mobile notifications for these new messages, but then they're nowhere to be found when I open my computer to mark them as spam. I can see that it's spam on the mobile preview, and it doesn't make a difference whether I open/read it on my phone or not, it is just not there when I open my computer. 

My issue with this is, since I obviously don't respond to these messages, am I going to get dinged for not answering all of these messages that I'm clearly getting, but then can't find in my inbox? (and no, they aren't in spam, they aren't anywhere!)

Very curious if this is happening to others! 

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
7 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Spam messages disappearing?

Move them out of spam and mark as spam yourself.

0 Likes

Did you even read my post? They aren't in spam, they are no where in my inbox, that's the whole reason I posted. 

1 Like

I think it could be because Etsy figured out they were scammers and removed the accounts. ? 

0 Likes

It's possible, but do they get deleted instantaneously? Because I hear the sound of a new message on my phone, look and see that it's another spammer... all the while I'm presently on etsy, on my computer, and the messages don't show up anywhere in my shop manager like they never happened. It's super confusing. 

0 Likes

@XanneFran: The day after the 24 hour reply window has passed, check the applicable CSV file from your Star Seller page to make sure the new threads are not being included in Star Seller calculations.

1 Like

Good idea!

0 Likes

@XanneFran Your response "Did you even read my post" is pretty harsh - we should be nice to each other in the forum (and in life in general) - maybe there was a misunderstanding. I have misread posts before and come away with a misinterpretation of what the OP was saying. Some of my posts have been misunderstood. We're all sellers, we're all human, and we're all trying to help. 

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.