Due to the recent May 8 2022 error which saw Singapore dollar sellers significantly overcharged in fees, Etsy has now started to cancel and fully refund orders. Even on Singapore dollar accounts with completed orders which were not affected!

I woke up today to find that Etsy canceled and fully refunded a SGD $231.21 order that had already been completed and shipped off to the buyer! So now the buyer has a free item and I have that outstanding amount in my payment account page!

Even the listing which originated the sale has been completely removed. It can no longer be found anywhere on my Shop Manager nor through search.

Additionally, the threads started here by other sellers related to this May 8 2022 issue have been locked.

Re: Singapore dollar sellers beware! Etsy canceled and refunded already completed order

True! I noticed that our accounts still seem to be "locked" - if you go to the Payment Accounts section it still has the "8th May Update" message.

But I think Etsy said they are still fixing the issue for a few more sellers so most likely they won't open our accounts till everyone gets their issues completely fixed

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes

Re: Singapore dollar sellers beware! Etsy canceled and refunded already completed order

I still have the 8 May notice on my payments page too, but had a daily deposit go through today as usual at the regular time of around SGT 7.30pm. It was a small amount just shy of SGD $50.00.

However as previously mentioned, my account was not erroneously overcharged on fees on 8 May, so this might have been a factor in Etsy releasing any deposit restrictions in my case. 

3 Likes

I would like to thank everyone who participated in this thread! Your concern and support, and helpful suggestions are greatly appreciated!

5 Likes

As mysteriously as the listing completely disappeared after Etsy cancelled and fully refunded my buyer, it reappeared and was live again?!

Thank goodness I noticed someone favorite it on my dashboard and managed to deactivate the listing before someone else attempted to purchase. Would have been in hot water with a new customer and no item to fulfill the order with!

1 Like

Etsy has announced on this forum that the issue is resolved. However, I still have my daily deposits “locked” even though my account is more than the minimum daily deposit.

Wonder if anyone is experiencing this too.

1 Like

My account still looks like it might be locked lmao. Usually the "amount due" and "available for deposit" contains numbers but currently it's all 0 (even though my net profit is currently more than 0). I don't know for sure though because I don't do daily deposits - maybe you need to email the Etsy team again (or make another post). 

0 Likes

Normallythere is a number in “available for deposit”,but it has been “0” since 8 May. I guess Etsy locked all Singapore Dollars accountstill all are resolved before they unlockedthem.

0 Likes

They inform the issue is resolved. But my daily deposits “locked” even though my account is more than the minimum daily deposit. Does anyone have the same problem as me and is there a way to solve this problem?

2 Likes

Both me and @MonsterGallery are having this problem. I think it is very likely that the Etsy support staff forgot to unlock our accounts. I just dropped them a new email today to inform them about it

1 Like

Etsy support had replied and informedme that deposits should resume from Monday. Let’s hope so!

2 Likes

I'm sorry this happened to affected sellers!  I'm also glad things seem to be getting worked out, albeit slowly.

What I can't understand is the need to refund orders that were already completed.   This just compounds the situation.  Why can't they see the difference between orders and erroneous fees?  I mean, they break it down separately for accounting.

Just flat sloppy and careless!  Especially when sellers were dealing with pretty LARGE debts.

0 Likes

Update: I can see the amount for deposit is now reflected correctly for Monday. Seems like the issue is finally resolved!

2 Likes

Same for me - everything finally seems to be fully resolved now!

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.