Shop Announcement cannot be edited; the old text appears repeatedly.

I need to update my shop announcement that I created in 2017, but even after making changes and saving them, the old text still appears when I click on the "view shop" icon.
I have reached out to Etsy for assistance but have not yet received a functional solution other than to change my default language, but I do not see how that should be related to just editing the text of shop announcements.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Shop Announcement cannot be edited; the old text appears repeatedly.

I know this is a dumb question, but are you sure you are saving?  This is the one place that for some reason, I miss the saving part and it doesn't save.  It's happened to me a couple of times and I have to go back and do it over.

2 Likes

Yes, I clicked on the save button. I tried changing the text from both the "edit shop" page and under "my settings," but the old text keeps appearing.
The strange thing is when I check "my settings," the new text shows up, but my Etsy shop still displays the old text.

0 Likes

@IvLHechoConAmor  I've heard some people are having difficulty doing this in edit shop mode.  Have you tried here -

Shop Manager - Settings - Info & Appearance - edit Announcement, scroll down to SAVE changes

0 Likes

Yes, I tried changing the text from both the "edit shop" page and under "my settings," but the old text keeps appearing.
The strange thing is that when I check "my settings," the new text shows up, but my Etsy shop still displays the old text.

0 Likes

I had a problem updating yesterday. I backed out, did a refresh of the screen and then it worked.

when all else fails, reboot the computer. Old school fix, but it does work for most issues.

0 Likes

I only sue shop edit and never info & appearance any longer.

Odd thing as I changed mine on the shop edit and it changed under info & appearance.

Try erasing anything under info and then try entering on the shop home page.  Make sure to save info first.

0 Likes
Porugami
Inspiration Seeker

Have you been able to resolve it? I have the exact same issue.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.