QueenBJwlry
Inspiration Seeker

Shipping profiles, shipping service, add USPS Ground Advantage please

Shipping profiles, shipping service, add USPS Ground Advantage please.

Currently USPS First Class is still the option available, please add USPS Ground Advantage as an option in shipping profiles, shipping service. USPS Ground Advantage replaced USPS FIRST Class Package. It's confusing for buyers to choose first class and order is shipped ground advantage.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
10 Likes
8 Replies
UppNorthEh
Community Maker

Re: Shipping profiles, shipping service, add USPS Ground Advantage please

typical etsy.  I'm just waiting for somebody to complain or leave bad feedback.

1 Like
EDCCollective
Conversation Maker

I purchased a USPS Ground Advantage Etsy label earlier this week.

0 Likes
UppNorthEh
Community Maker

yes, the labels are printing Ground Advantage but buyers are still seeing and choosing First Class.

3 Likes

@QueenBJwlry: Be careful of what you wish for - currently Etsy still puts under 1 pound packages as First Class and 1 pound or greater as Priority Mail. Ground Advantage no longer has the 1 pound limitation, but packages of 1 pound or more have an estimated in transit time equal to the old Parcel Post. As an example, the exact same package going from Chicago IL to Anchorage AK has an estimated in transit time of 4 days if it is 15.9 ounces but 16 days if it is 16 ounces. I suspect that there will be many more complaints from buyers about the in transit time than which postal class the package was sent. Particularly if Etsy does not correctly and clearly show the estimated delivery date for those 1 pound or larger packages.

4 Likes

Agree.  Transit times are a real concern, and I'm disappointed that Etsy has not communicated the details of how these changes are going to affect us and our customers. 

Etsy, where are you?

Etsy, where are you?

2 Likes

I also don't understand why sellers can't see the Ground Advantage option. Sounds Etsy has a systems issue to show Ground Advantage and its delivery times and they're doing a workaround. It's not a good experience for sellers. I am worried that buyers are going to complain because of the confusing way the shipping options are presented.

7 Likes

We just hope that Etsy gives sellers the opportunity to "force" 1 pound and heavier packages to go Priority Mail instead of Ground Advantage - the difference in cost to the buyer is minimal compared to the potentially four times longer in transit time, depending on the zone it is going to.

0 Likes

I offer free shipping and just tried to change that I now ship Ground Advantage instead of Priority and it wasn't an option. I am able to buy the labels (I usually get my labels from Pirate Ship anyway) but I want the buyer to know what type of free shipping they're getting. 

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.