TinAndSteele
Inspiration Seeker

Ship By Date Incorrect (Too Late)

Jump to solution

Our shop currently has a 1-2 day processing time, however orders coming in today (4/22) show a ship-by date of 4/25 - it should be 4/24. I know Etsy has been factoring in holidays recently - is there a U.S. holiday the first part of this week that I'm unaware of, or is this a glitch?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MurphyGardens
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ship By Date Incorrect (Too Late)

Jump to solution

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We identified the issue and resolved it. Your ship-by dates should be back to normal. We apologize for any confusion or disruption this may have caused!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies

Jump to solution

I have been seeing it from time to time.  I have a processing time longer than yours, but usually ship the next day.  How could I ship it faster? I  just ignore it

0 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I got the same details on an order today as well.

It is weird.

I will be sticking to my own schedule and shipping by the 24th for fear of some ridiculous back track on etsy's part.

0 Likes
TastefulArtisan
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I have a 3-5 processing but typically ship the next day. I've noticed orders that come in at the same time have different ship by dates even though it's the same shipping profile. Very weird.

But it's Etsy so I expect weird and ridiculous. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have all five orders so far today with the wrong ship by date.  They are all due to ship out one day later than my shipping profile.  I've contacted Etsy and they are going to have their tech team look into it.

0 Likes

Shipping glitch?

Jump to solution

Items ordered from my shop yesterday, that ship within 2 business days, are showing as "ship by" Wednesday.

0 Likes

Re: Shipping glitch?

Jump to solution

I can't even choose a shipping cost right now.  What's going on etsy? 

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I had this problem for months and finally found someone that got help from Etsy for it. I used the chat bubble and told them my problem was I couldn't do calculated shipping at all and couldn't edit or make a new profile. This is what they said  

"I have taken a look into your account and I would like to inform you that your shop data country is blank that is the reason you are unable to select US as location."

My person's name was Vatsal and they knew what I was asking about. I hope this helps and you get it fixed. Much of what I sell is under 8 ounces so I was OK there, but we shouldn't have to put up with something not operating correctly !!

1 Like
JoeBlake
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

There are quite a few reports about the same problem, like this one
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/SHIPPING-DATES-ARE-WRONG-BE-AWARE/m-p/145381060

0 Likes
VerbatimARTUK
Inspiration Seeker

Processing time bug or Etsy change?

Jump to solution

Has Etsy changed how they calculate processing times or is is a bug?

We have a processing time set to 1-2 days Monday to Friday. Normally if a customer placed an order today (Monday) it would need to be dispatched by Wednesday. It is currently showing Thursday as the dispatch by date, by my calculations this would be 3 days.  

Has anyone else got this issue?

0 Likes

Re: Processing time bug or Etsy change?

Jump to solution

Yes, many sellers are experiencing the same thing. Here is a discussion thread about it
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/SHIPPING-DATES-ARE-WRONG-BE-AWARE/m-p/145367480#M16...

1 Like
michellepatterns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

This might have something to do with the third bullet point in the thread in announcements about three things to know for April.  One of them is "Showing buyers more accurate estimated delivery dates."

Whatever they are doing to accomplish this could be messing with the processing times.  They'll probably sort it out eventually. 

Go ahead and ship it when you normally would have shipped it and ignore the incorrect date. If you are a Star Seller or want the badge, I wouldn't chance waiting until that 3rd day to ship it since that date is incorrect.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution
1 Like

Jump to solution

I contacted Etsy support April 21st about this. [ they skipped April 23rd as a ship date]

They said it was an issue at their end and will be brought to programing to check out.

1 Like

Jump to solution

This is costing us sales for sure, by showing a much slower delivery estimate than it should be. For example, I had someone order something that is to be processed in 5 business days and ships with Priority Mail. Instead of 5 business days, ship by date is 8 business days, a massive difference. And then, expected delivery is 7 postal days instead of the 2 USPS shows for delivery from my zip to theirs. That is a whopping 10 postal days after true expected delivery. How does this help anyone? And how fast will Etsy fix this? I am a star seller and have been a star seller since there has been such a thing who always ships on time, so Etsy cannot blame me or my "history" for this.

0 Likes
MurphyGardens
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We identified the issue and resolved it. Your ship-by dates should be back to normal. We apologize for any confusion or disruption this may have caused!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.