Inbox message not showing - Help Please

Jump to solution

A customer bought a pattern 10 months ago and contacted me this morning for assistance with the pattern.

I received 2 email notices of the message.  The first email’s subject says: “Etsy Conversation with (name of customer)”. When I click on the link to my inbox, there is NO message there.

The 2nd email’s subject says,”(name of customer) needs help with an order they placed”.  *This* automated email I *can* see when I click on it so to reply to it.

The customer now has another question, but I’ve only received another of the “Etsy Conversation with (name of customer)” emails.  So, once again, when I click to see it and answer, there is NO email showing. I then had to ask the customer to email me with their question, explaining that it was not showing in my Etsy inbox.

Is there a reason for this situation I am unaware of, or is it a glitch that needs to be looked into?
Thank you for your time and assistance.
Dawn

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Inbox message not showing - Help Please

Jump to solution

The reports of messaging issues is increasing dramatically.

I don't know if this will work for you but some mentioned if you reduce your screen down - some said to 65% - you might be able to see the message. 
Though if this does work, if you're like me you'll need a magnifying glass to read it, lol.

You can try and report the problem to Etsy - include screen shots if possible. 
But in effort to provide good customer service, if the buyer doesn't mind sending you an email with their questions, etc. this might be the way to go. 

View solution in original post

1 Like
7 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Look in your spam message folder. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I did, there's nothing there.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DawnBroccoDesigns  - Be sure to reply to that second message. It sounds like a Help Request message. This type of message is kept separate from any other message thread you might have going with the buyer. 

As NanaLetha said - check your Spam Message box. In an effort to curtail the scam/spam messages being sent to shops Etsy made changes that aren't always working the way they were intended to. Real messages are automatically being sent to Spam. You can reply to messages sent to spam - consider keeping them in spam unless you're absolutely sure your response is going out in the 24 hour window. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes, as I mentioned, I replied to the person, asking them to email me with their question, as all I could see was the first few words of their message.  Their first message was a help request, as well, and I was able to see that message and reply to it, *only* because of the 2nd Etsy email, which is different from the first email.

There is nothing in my spam folder.

The only difference between the customer's 1st and 2nd messages is how the messages were relayed to me via Etsy. 

The beginning of the conversation involved 2 emails from Etsy - one that when clicked on, led to no message.  The 2nd Etsy email clicked through to the message.

In the follow-up message from the customer, I only received the first type of Etsy email, which does not click through to anything. 

I can see the email listed in the inbox, but when I click to open the message, there's nothing.

And, if I click on any previous conversations,  nothing shows up, despite there being several messages for each conversation.

I hope this clarifies the problem.  I just don't know what solution or resolution is possible, as I don't know why this is occurring.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The reports of messaging issues is increasing dramatically.

I don't know if this will work for you but some mentioned if you reduce your screen down - some said to 65% - you might be able to see the message. 
Though if this does work, if you're like me you'll need a magnifying glass to read it, lol.

You can try and report the problem to Etsy - include screen shots if possible. 
But in effort to provide good customer service, if the buyer doesn't mind sending you an email with their questions, etc. this might be the way to go. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Yes, that worked!  I need Firefox font set at 18 pts.  I went progressively down to 9 pts and the message still wouldn't show.  So, I went back to 18 pts then zoomed out 3x - that finally showed the message.  Ufda.  Yes, when I want to deal with this (another day), I'll report it to Etsy. 

Eesh, finding where and *how* to contact them took a while, as the help section doesn't seem to have a category for alerting them to technological problems with their site.  Found the 'email us' under 'my messages have been disabled', under 'managing my orders'.  It's not exactly accurate, as my messages haven't been disabled, per se, just suddenly disappearing at my usual screen size.

Thanks so much for your help!  It allowed me to message the customer, as she didn't email me as I asked her to.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I’ve just had exactly the same problem and only after zooming right out could I read the message. Same for sending my reply - I had to zoom out a lot so I could access the ‘send’ button. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.