I don't know how many more of these experiments, tests and/or glitches I can take. The past week or so I feel like I'm in the middle of a maelstrom, you know???

So , I decided to try and list a few new items. But now I get THIS error message when I try to Preview my listing before publishing it. I even tried saving it as a Draft first... but still get the same thing.
"Uh oh!
A stitch has gone awry. Please try again later."

So in desperation I tried the new "streamlined" listing form (the one not ready for Prime Time yet)... no Preview there either.
WTF????????

Has etsy now eliminated Preview???  I'm this close to just hanging it up...

AmoreTreasure
Conversation Maker

Re: Seriously? Uh oh Error when I try to Preview a new listing?

Seriously??? What a pain in the butt.  The new listing tool sucks!  So now you're going to force us to waste time?  It just gets more and more painful to sell here every day.  

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
EightMileVintage
Conversation Maker

Having the same problem with the old listing form. What a stupid platform this is some days.

4 Likes

I can't renew expired listing - get something has gone awry error message!  Like above guess I will do listings on Ebay and Michaels!!   

1 Like
AllsFairyVintage
Conversation Maker

Here to chime in, can't preview my listings, which is exactly why I refuse to use the new format. Why are they doing this? WTF?!?! There are so many other things they could be putting their energy into, listing was pretty good already and now they are making it worse. Sigh.  I did find that when I hit preview and got the Uh Oh button, I hit save to drafts and it kept the listing intact. Then I just had to look over it very carefully and hit publish, and then look at the published version and make corrections. So glad they are making more work for us, I really didn't have enough to do and definitely don't want to streamline my process...

4 Likes
PinkBirdCottage
Conversation Maker

First time this is happening to me. Wanted to list two new items today and can't preview using the old listing form.

Someone within Etsy is trying to destroy this platform and I hope they find the mole before it's too late! At least that's the only thing that makes sense to me??!

1 Like
AzVintageVariety
Conversation Maker

Bumping - hoping tech sees this problem.

1 Like
EightMileVintage
Conversation Maker

Bugs were addressed a lot faster when there was the old Bugs forum. Commerce isn't really being kept human here.

4 Likes

Someone fixed it. I can now preview listings and also save to drafts.

Now I wish they'd just scrap the 'new' listing version and keep the 'old' version.

5 Likes

Maybe it was a test to see how many people complained.
Good news! We've learned that 99% of sellers do not use Preview so it is going poof.

3 Likes
SewlyButtons
Conversation Maker

If preview goes poof... so do I. I've been here since 2011. Experienced a multitude of the various etsy "tests" and "experiments". However, this past month or so has been like nothing I've ever experienced. The number of things etsy is "trying"...beyond ALL sensible logic... and all running simultaneously (altho different "groups" of people... buyers/sellers)... is like nothing I've ever seen. Some of them are downright destructive, some make no NO logic at all from a business perspective...   I do NOT pay the fees I pay to etsy to be part of a grand experiment or test. Learn how to sandbox changes or conduct focus groups to conduct qualitative research. You need to become a WHOLE lot more customer focused (remembering that I, as a seller, am your customer, the people that buy from me are NOT your customers).

I have now spent the past 2 days listing new items for sale elsewhere because Preview was broken. The insanity going on here right now has proven to be my breaking point. So preview is working now? Why when we reported here in YOUR forum that it wasn't were you silent? Not even an acknowledgement that you were aware and were working on it? That's such a contemptible attitude to have and lack of respect for YOUR customers.
Square images?  Shoppers buy more if the images are square? So why still rectangular pics on etsy search pages? Why still a rectangular thumbnail adjustment for sellers?  WTF???

How long ago was it YOU, etsy, told us we would have 24/7 chat available as part of our increased fees? How long did that last?
WHY do YOUR customers struggle/suffer for days/weeks... sometimes longer... waiting for help when hacked, when they can't figure out what's wrong with their documents... when they can't get their banking info to update... when they have ANY kind of issue that we other sellers can't help with. I/we do NOT get paid to solve YOUR customers problems.... but you seem to think we won't mind.

Thankfully I haven't had to deal with much of that. But just reading what some sellers are going thru, and how absent any meaningful timely support is from etsy... it begs the question:

What the hell are y'all doing???

Rant over...

9 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.