SewlyButtons
Conversation Maker

Seriously? Uh oh Error when I try to Preview a new listing?

I don't know how many more of these experiments, tests and/or glitches I can take. The past week or so I feel like I'm in the middle of a maelstrom, you know???

So , I decided to try and list a few new items. But now I get THIS error message when I try to Preview my listing before publishing it. I even tried saving it as a Draft first... but still get the same thing.
"Uh oh!
A stitch has gone awry. Please try again later."

So in desperation I tried the new "streamlined" listing form (the one not ready for Prime Time yet)... no Preview there either.
WTF????????

Has etsy now eliminated Preview???  I'm this close to just hanging it up...

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
14 Likes
34 Replies

Re: Seriously? Uh oh Error when I try to Preview a new listing?

And I am having the same problem. Crikey! At this rate the list of seller tools that work will be shorter than for those that don't.

8 Likes

Seems like etsy is just going backwards. The new “streamlined” version is anything but that. It is clunky, cannot move pics around, cannot save the listing and no preview. I’m listing as fast as I can and when the new non streamlined version is permanent, I’ll be leaving the platform when my stuff expires. #regretsy #IfItAintBrokeDontFixIt. 

15 Likes
SewlyButtons
Conversation Maker

Going backwards for true!!

I have several things ready to list but etsy doesn't seem interested in providing me with the most basic WORKING tools.
For right now I'm done... totally over it.

4 Likes

I can't list anything either, keeps on telling me to fix inventory when I try to post the listing, but it is already filled out correctly. What a waste of time!

3 Likes
SewlyButtons
Conversation Maker

Yeah... looks like I'm spending this evening on eBay instead of etsy.

6 Likes

Same Here.  Trying to add new listings but need to "Preview" them first to see if all ok but unable to do so. It all worked fine for me up to yesterday (07/08/23).  Why has the streamlined version not got a Preview function.

If you upload without previewing then find that something not quite right when viewing it live, you will have to re do it and upload again therefore paying twice after deleting the original, a money making exercise?

Wonder what other options are out there for selling digital prints.

3 Likes

I've been frustrated with the new "Streamlined" version primarily because it preview doesn't work. NOW it's not working on the old version either. What gives?

8 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@WonderousprintsArt you can edit an active listing as many time as you like and then republish and you will not get charged again (so long as the listing has not expired).

2 Likes

Yes, Amaradorn, we have always had the option of editing an already listed item. The new, NOT streamlined version does not let you save the item, only to publish. So anything new you add to a draft cannot be saved. Only allows you to preview or list, no saving anything you add to your draft. 

1 Like

I have been copying existing listings to create new listings exclusively as soon as I ran into a problem with new format.  I would disagree with what @Amaradorn in that if you just change an existing listing with new title, images and info it won't list as a new listing, and it will carry any views and reviews that listing you are changing had accumulated.  What I do is click on either "duplicate" if the listing is active or "copy" if the listing is sold out and is in your sold out listings bin.  Then you have a clean draft listing to work with, and you can change that new draft listing to whatever you want it to be, but be sure to change the various elements within to match your new listing.  After you have it the way you think you want it, click on "preview" just to make sure.  After completing the changes you can either list right away or save the draft and list at a later time.  

1 Like
SewlyButtons
Conversation Maker

@FishBayElements 
The only problem with your copy or duplicate solution is...
NO Preview function

Preview is NOT working in the old listing format, and it is not yet available in the new listing format. You're stuck with publish and edit... no way to Preview.

4 Likes

You are right, @SewlyButtons!!!   So sorry to mislead!  I was working on a draft listing earlier today, happy as can be, and preview was working just fine.  I just added a new image to that listing and clicked on the "preview" icon and I am getting that something has gone awry page!  What a (I can't use the word that I wanted to use) storm!!!  

0 Likes
SewlyButtons
Conversation Maker

@FishBayElements 
Yup... you nailed it... a shiny little SH**T-storm. I'm listing some items on Facebook Marketplace and eBay right now. Just got 2 orders on Facebook... and an inquiry about a 3rd order. Fees are SIGNIFICANTLY less than etsy, too. Sure gives one pause, you know?

I just get the feeling etsy doesn't give a da*n about me as a seller...  Right now they're sure not helping me. 
(and also told me I used a bad word... *D*A*M*N*     (rolls eyes)

3 Likes

IT'S WORKING AGAIN ... at least for me!!   I just added another image, hit preview and it worked (!) and as I said, I'm using the old version, which gives me a clean listing, without the reviews and views from the listing I duplicated/copied.  

1 Like

And now it's gone again ... 

0 Likes

one more thing and then I'll shut up for the night.  The new image that I put in the draft listing stored when I saved the draft, even though it wouldn't preview.  I just opened the listing again and the image is still there.  I guess that's something. 

0 Likes

Yep.  Came on here to see if anyone else had same issues.   What a pain

2 Likes

I too am unable to Preview. This is a crucial function for us. I wish an Admin would step in and give us some info on this.

2 Likes

I'm having the same problem, trying to preview a new listing using the old form (because "new" form doesn't have preview) and now getting an error message trying to preview listing on the old form....tiresome....

3 Likes

Since yesterday this has been happening to me too. Is etsy trying to force people to use the new listing form by taking away the functionality of the old listing form? This sucks!!!! The new form is not ready for launch yet, it is a piss poor version.

7 Likes
2TrickPony
Conversation Maker

I somehow ended up with 2 identical listings, trying out the new version. LOL. Don't even know how the f*ck I managed that, except that it kept insisting that parts weren't filled out, and I kept going back to fill things out. Anyway. More etsy fun. 

2 Likes

Not being able to preview our listings is a problem that needs to be fixed because we need to see the listing BEFORE it is published! The old form has been fine till now!

3 Likes

I cant use the new listing form at all and now the old version cant preview. Cant fix the square pictures, descriptions hidden, and  now this????? Are they TRYING to push us out? 

3 Likes
ScaryDealsAttic
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy consistently launches changes and goes live without any testing or prep work. All the changes they make are on the fly - so you can't get anything done until THEY work out the technical problems, which seems to me will take forever. I would use the so-called "streamlined" listing tool IF IT WAS FUNCTIONAL. They never get it.

4 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.