WisperedEchos
Inspiration Seeker

Scam messages onboard

Jump to solution

Hello I'm new here and I'm trying to finger out about messaging scammers which are more than messaging by  customers.

I have been advised by your guidance related to  account protection, but I'm dealing with a lot of that messages  and i have to admit that is very inconvenient situation especially for someone who try to built his shop profile, to be approachable and profitable.

I would like to know if you're dealing with same problem while trying to make your first sale or more. If sellers are in doubts  with interaction environment  how can create attractive listings and sell their products which are profitable so  for individual seller as  Etsy site ?

Simply Thoughts.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
BlaqKat
Conversation Maker

Re: Scam messages onboard

Jump to solution

There is nothing you can do but mark the scam messages as spam. You don't need to reply to them, just mark as spam and they will be moved out of your inbox.

Make sure to always double check messages on a desktop browser rather than the app. So you can see the genuine Etsy Staff messages in the From Etsy message.

Sadly, scammers target new shops relentlessly and can end up sending a lot of messages. There's nothing that can be done. Hopefully, the more you mark them as spam, the quicker they will leave you alone and move on,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LionsShopDesign
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

The best way is to mark it as spam.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Mark the messages as spam. You need to read the sellers handbook on how to make effective titles.

0 Likes
BlaqKat
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

There is nothing you can do but mark the scam messages as spam. You don't need to reply to them, just mark as spam and they will be moved out of your inbox.

Make sure to always double check messages on a desktop browser rather than the app. So you can see the genuine Etsy Staff messages in the From Etsy message.

Sadly, scammers target new shops relentlessly and can end up sending a lot of messages. There's nothing that can be done. Hopefully, the more you mark them as spam, the quicker they will leave you alone and move on,

0 Likes
LionsShopDesign
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

The best way is to mark it as spam.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.