Sales down but in particular sales from the USA

Hi there, we have always had very good sales from the USA often accounting for 60% approx of all sales. Suddenly in December they virtually stopped completely, very unusual in the lead up to Christmas. Then in January they miraculously started again but last month and continuing this month they have disappeared completely.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea why this should be.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
5 Replies
BengalLooms
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Sales down but in particular sales from the USA

Exactly same issue. Something is very wrong with Algorithm in Etsy since last few months. Irrelevant people being shown or people confined locally being shown etc all kinds of weird traffic patterns. 

all the sellers need to make noise, this overdo of AI nonsense is actually ruining business. If this continues then better to shut shop on Etsy. 

2 Likes
Vintorious
Community Maker

Since you are in the USA already, this should not be an issue for your shop. 

0 Likes
Vintorious
Community Maker

Sorry that this is happening in your shop: you have some remarkable items, and I honestly cannot see why you would have erratic traffic. Have you considered targeting US shoppers with a Mothers' Day sale or promotion? (I am aware that ours is later than yours.)

0 Likes

Yep, and the EU. The last from there was early January (though admittedly, I've had to remove a lot of countries due to the packaging laws which would explain some of that). Nothing much from the US apart from 2 cards in the past 2-3 months. I used to have overseas orders nearly every day or two. Overall it says my sales are up, but it doesn't feel like it. Amazon Handmade was way down for a while but is picking back up (I only do UK to UK there) and the offline stores have been not too bad this year.

I did adjust my postage (which yes, can be high if shipping frames with glass overseas) late last year after leaving it for a while and haven't adjusted most items to the recent price increases this year. Even so, the rises were minimal. I'm more concerned if talk of this localisation stuff and showing sellers nearer you is a thing, or just assumptions.

0 Likes

My sales seemed the same as yours and dropped to nothing for the the last 2 months straight. Never happened before. Ever since gift mode I haven’t gotten any sales. Not even a private message.  They keep taking those listing fees though.  How many more things am I supposed to make to keep me inventory fresh? They say to check out trends. Maybe I should melt all my jewelry down and buy gold?  It seems all they offer in gift mode is generic stuff I can get on Amazon.  I’m very disheartened and social media is a bust too ever since Instagram totally changed their platform so no one can get new followers unless they already have tons of followers already.   Catch 22. How do you market when those platforms have also sabotaged themselves? 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.