Hi all!  In my Shop Overview on the Dashboard page shows a sale for today with the dollar amount.  However, I can't find it.  It's not listed under Recent Activity.  It's not in my Current Orders.  It's not in my Finances page. 

The total Sale count in my Shop did calculate another sale.

Anyone else have this happen?  Maybe the payment is waiting to go through?

I'd hate to not fulfill an order in a timely manner if it is a real order. However, it's not there to fulfill.  Yikes!

Re: Sale Showing But Not There

Jump to solution

No, no resolution here! I've called Etsy 3'xs (once on Thursday and 2x's on Friday). They offer no real help. I  talked to 2 different reps yesterday. The first one transferred me to the "shipping dept" because she said it was a shipping issue. I told her it was not a shipping issue and more of a tech issue with the payment checkout system. I asked to be transferred to the tech dept, but she told me we aren't allowed to contact them. So I asked her if she would please make them aware of this since many of us are waiting for some sort of resolution - but she insisted it's not a tech issue. She said we just sent you an email with information regarding your "issue ticket", so I went to read it while I was on the phone with her and all it said was the typical "canned response" -- "We hope your issue has been resolved by now. If not, here is a link to the Help Section that might help answer your questions."

So then I talked to the rep in the "shipping dept", and she told me the payment is still *processing* and that it is not considered a "tech issue" until 72 hours have passed. Needless to say, I'm beyond frustrated too! The lack of customer support is appalling!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi I'm having the very same issues as everyone on here and not getting any support but the run around from different Etsy Reps! The last email I sent they didn't bother to respond ! Does anyone here have a phone number I could reach them at ! Totally frustrating ! 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@LauraIsabelVintage

Try this link. Enter your phone number for a callback. But I have to warn you -- they don't offer much help! But maybe you'll get better results than the rest of us that have called and reported this glitch that Etsy doesn't seem to care one bit about fixing!! Good luck!!

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_sell_manage_listings-callback

3 Likes

Jump to solution

So I just did that, and they called me right away... the representative suggested that with my order that was placed march 1, (today march 5), "at this point just cancel the order", have the buyer pay with another payment method. I asked why the delay, and there was no reason she could see, so I suppose it is on us as individual sellers to look bad to our buyers...... WHAT.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

My ghost order doesn’t even have an order to cancel.  It just showed on my dashboard and then in my sold category.   

1 Like

Jump to solution

OOOHHHH wow you're right. The representative told me to cancel it, and I can't! I think I'll call back just to mention that.

I got lucky, and the buyer and I have been communicating, and they are very understanding - don't we wish everyone was like that. They agreed they would cancel and try again.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Update: the other representative I just spoke to said the buyer is unable to cancel the order. So neither of us had the option. But Etsy support canceled it for us, and we will try it again. 

He said some orders just take longer to process. ???

He also said if they buyer is using the same payment method to contact their banking company before placing the order again. ??? 

My thoughts: just, wow.

My only advice to anyone else, just stay in communication with your buyers and let them know what's going on (or not going on) and that you're doing your best to figure out how to manage the situation. Because everyone here is obviously doing their best! Keep it up guys, I am grateful to have a community here to learn from and discuss with.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm giving up! Etsy reps have no clue what they are doing, they're not at all interested in helping and frankly just don't care. Do they have a supervisor or are they all running amuck in the chocolate factory?

All I want is to remove that fake sale from my stats. For all I know this is some kind of Etsy employee inside scheme because their books are showing sales if mine are, right?

Maybe someday someone there will have to account for all of these "stuck" sales numbers because on March 1st, their books shouldn't balance either. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@CharmedEnchantements  "I'm giving up! Etsy reps have no clue what they are doing, they're not at all interested in helping and frankly just don't care. Do they have a supervisor or are they all running amuck in the chocolate factory?"

Funny you should mention -- do they have a supervisor? During my 3rd call to them --- I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they don't have one in that dept!!!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Do canceled orders hurt your stats? like this one that was canceled by neither buyer nor seller, but internally? 

My buyer just placed the order again with a different payment method and it went through normally. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yep, Etsy's customer service is basically useless. Each person you talk to --- (and I've called THREE TIMES regarding this issue, give you a different answer and none of them seem to know what they are doing). My "mystery" order finally showed up yesterday in the order section, but is still "processing" -- even though the order was placed on March 1st. I can't cancel the order either. This is the pop-up message I get when you hover over the "payment processing" blurb:

Most orders are processed within 72 hours, but sometimes they may take up to 5 days. Once the order is fully processed, you’ll get an email confirmation. Hold off on shipping your item until you get this email and see funds in your Payment account. If you or your buyer want to cancel, you’ll need to wait until the order has processed.

So I don't know why the reps told you to cancel the order when you don't even have the ability to do so. Just goes to show you they are not even trained or familiar with the shop interface!!!

Thank goodness, now I know my order is from a repeat customer. But for DAYS I had no idea who even placed the order!!!  So I was able to reach out to her and explain what is going on.  She thanked me and was grateful for an update. She said she was wondering what was going on and was surprised no one from Etsy staff reached out to her. She called Etsy yesterday, and let's just say her opinion of the *customer service* she received is the same as ours!

But what bothers me is that days went by before I even knew who placed the order. What if it was a "brand new" customer? What would they be thinking of me? That I'm just here sitting on an order and not shipping it??! We had no way of knowing what the customer was seeing on their end. They might be thinking they placed an order, everything was fine and then wondering why it wasn't being shipping. This makes US as sellers look bad, like WE are delivering poor customer service -- when in fact it's Etsy's poor customer service and their refusal to even look into this problem and fix it !!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Jump to solution

No supervisor, I knew it!  

5 days is too long to process an order, I've never heard of it. I think this means that I may have a customer who thinks her order placed and all is well and there's nothing I can do about it.  

Thanks for all the information, I'm happy your order finally showed up! 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I still have the ghost order.  I have no idea who the buyer is.  Can't get any assistance from "customer support."  And there's nothing to do about it.  I have no idea how this is affecting my shop within Etsy.  Are they dinging me for not fulfilling this order?  What is the buyer thinking?  Will they submit a complaint about my shop to Etsy?  (sigh)

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@CharmedEnchantements  Yep, no supervisor. At least that's what they told me.

And yes, you probably do have an order and the customer might be wondering why you haven't shipped it. That's the part that bothers me the most. It makes US look bad because the customers might not realize there is a problem with the checkout system and that sellers can't even access the order information!

1 Like

Jump to solution

@RosemaryAbby  Exactly! All good questions! I'm still amazed that Etsy has made ZERO attempts to acknowledge this issue and fix it.

0 Likes
BezelsandBeyond
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

If you can see the order on the Orders & Shipping page, the only option you have to make your customer happy is renew the item, have them purchase again (if they want) and cancel/refund if and when the original order processes.  That is how I handled my order.  Her original order is STILL processing.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

When I reached out my buyer-I got lucky and figured it out...she said the purchase showed as pending. If that info helps at all to those wondering. I would think, eventually the person who attempted to purchase would reach back out to the shop with that question. Not sure what is happening and if it will be resolved, crazy that there is not real support when you need it.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I have been frustrated with the same issue you are all having since March 1st. I just got off the phone with a rep she said the issue was due to payment method and the money didn't go through. She cancelled the order for me as I wasn't able to do this on my end and said she would give a explanation to my buyer. Strange as it is...as soon as she cancelled the order the buyer's name and address showed up and I was able to message her. I haven't heard back from her so it should be interesting to see what's happening on her end!

1 Like

Jump to solution

@LauraIsabelVintage  Thanks for that info. I'm on the phone with them right now asking them to cancel my "processing order" since March 1 !!!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I finally had a response email from Etsy saying the order was processing.  A day later it was cancelled and I was told to relist and notify the buyer.  Well I never had the order so no buyer info.  THEY gave me the order number and from that I could search in my orders and find that it was cancelled.  I did message the buyer that it was relisted and could repurchase.   What a confusing few days.  They could avoid all of the confusion by showing us the order is processing and not a ghost.  Geesss

1 Like

Jump to solution

"They could avoid all of the confusion by showing us the order is processing and not a ghost. Geesss"

Yes, and they could avoid all of this confusion if they FIXED the glitch that is causing this to begin with !!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes
RisingJoy
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have this happen at lot. Just this month 3 orders showed up on dashboard but not on my orders and shipping, in December I lost 32 orders from this happening. I have tried to find an answer to this but nothing. I am so frustrated and do not know what to do.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Wow, that's a lot of orders to lose. Have you called into Etsy to let them know? Not that it will do much good. But maybe if they keep getting calls about it, they'll finally do something about it!

Several sellers have called in SEVERAL times and for some reason Etsy refuses to take this issue seriously or make any attempts to fix it.

I've also sent direct messages to the Etsy admins that monitor the forums and post about technical issues --- all my messages have been ignored. I also sent them an email message -- that went ignored as well. I've called on the phone FOUR times and asked them to pass this "glitch" onto the tech team. Still nothing is being done about it. It's all very frustrating.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

My phantom order showed up on 1st March and the details finally showed up on my orders page today (as a cancelled order due to non payment) so I could contact the customer. It would be helpful if it initially came up as an order but with a note saying payment is pending. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Right! I had no idea I had a ghost order pending, but the buyer noticed she didn't receive any payment confirmation so she messaged me to ask how to pay me! I was able to see the sold item as it was attached to her message, but otherwise I'd have had no idea.  Etsy used to notify you when someone placed an order but the payment is processing "so don't ship it out yet!" ....Why don't they send those notifications anymore??

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.