STAR Seller Tracking Stats Incorrect - Pre-Transit Issue

I went in to check my star seller progress and I see that the on time shipping and tracking information is at 99%.  I download the data to see what happened as I always ship on time and have tracking information.  Low and behold, each of my orders have a tracking number but are showing pre-transit.  I checked the tracking number and they are either delivered or are still moving though the postal system.

I then decided to check other packages shipped after the dates they showed on their report to make sure they all had tracking information.  It looks like they say pre-transit as well so I guess when I look tomorrow, my on time shipping and tracking percentage will be lower.  

A few weeks ago I also noted a problem in the report which shows in-transit packages.  It is incorrect and shows delivered packages.  

ETSY could you please fix these issues.  You drill home STAR seller stats so if we're now getting dinged though no fault of our own, it is not a good look for either of us.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
12 Replies

Re: STAR Seller Tracking Stats Incorrect - Pre-Transit Issue

I'm having a similar issue! I've been a star seller for four months in a row and just now I checked my "performance" to find that I have a "no shipping" ding for a March 1st order which is INCORRECT. I have one order on March 1st and the tracking was added when it was shipped on March 3rd. Almost all of my products are digital, so the chances of this 83% coming up is not good since I only ship a few prints a month. Terribly frustrating when there's no one to contact to fix the problem. I won't have the Star Seller Badge for April because of this mistake on Etsy's part!

2 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

0 Likes

I use pirate ship and now my stats say I have 24 late shipments last week. We did redo the integration. My sales have dropped because of it. Any ideas?

3 Likes

Same boat. 10 orders in the last week say they have no tracking info because they are all stuck in pre-transit. I have more orders to ship today so I'm sure my shipping stats will get even worse. Hope they fix it soon, and retroactively for star seller stats.

1 Like

Same issue here. I use Pirate Ship and had to delete and re-add my Etsy shop due to some integration issue on Etsy's end on 3/1/23. Ever since then my orders are showing there is no tracking info. I ship a bunch of small things, so I didn't notice the issue until my on-time shipping percentage dropped. I am always at 100% for shipping and the number is now dropping daily. With as much as Etsy pounds the Star Seller program, this is unacceptable. Etsy needs to resolve this issue immediately. 

1 Like

Aftership seems to be glitchy.

However I always get the receipt for that first scan.  It's the acceptance scan and without Etsy thinks you didn't ship.  I was once told by Etsy that the acceptance scan is very important.

If you have a post office not scanning before it leaves the post office make sure to complain. 

Pirateship users seem to need to disconnect and reconnect to Etsy.  

0 Likes
TheHomespunLoft
Conversation Maker

@JDTotesnDolls 

USPS  IS SCANNING packages and I have my paper receipt.. even USPS shows it moving in the system.. BUT both of my shops show my packages "In Transit" or "Not shipped yet".. when on the actual listing is the correct tracking number showing the packages were mailed at the correct time.

I did manage to do chat today and they acknowledged the problem and said give it 24 hrs and my screens and numbers will all be correct.

The problem is not Pirate ship or USPS. IMO..on their end- things are just fine.

1 Like

The local post offices are scanning the packages. For the vast majority a quick detour to USPS' website shows the packages accepted, in transit, some even delivered ages ago. 

Either Etsy is not communicating properly with USPS.
Etsy is not communicating properly with Aftership.
Aftership (the company Etsy has contracted with) is not communicating properly with USPS & can't give Etsy proper updates.

If USPS &/or Aftership made changes without informing Etsy, well, at some point Etsy needs to accommodate, not ignore, them. 

If it's Aftership's issue then Etsy should acknowledge the problem, maybe pin a thread in Shipping & Technical Forums, and then get it in gear and work with them to get the data displayed correctly.

1 Like

Mine is off too but not sure there's anything we can do to fix it - Etsy says they're aware of the problem but...   

I'm more concerned of the status in Etsy showing correctly for customer satisfaction as well as accuracy (more than SSP for me personally) but it all ties together.    This has been an occasional problem since November of last year in that USPS is the current and up to date status which doesn't catch up in Etsy for days.

I have one that's showing as late to ship/pre-transit (Etsy) and was delivered Saturday (USPS).   

1 Like

I’ve had to resort to the Etsy chat twice to get my “pre transit” items marked as delivered. February had like 20+ items. Listing all the PO# is a pain, and it took almost an hour to rectify. This time I didn’t accept the usps lag excuse, and after a delay I was told that a team was going to open an investigation. So maybe it’s actually happening. It shouldn’t matter if you use pirate ship, usps still scans. For all the time and money Etsy spends looking for new ways to change things, integrating with usps data should be a no-brainer. It was fine before last fall.

1 Like

My star seller tracking rate is down too, despite none of them are lacking tracking.  The orders that the csv pointed me to as being the problem all were shipped on time too (I know, I don't get that many orders).  They show pre-transit on Etsy but when I click the tracking number (on the Etsy page, no less) it shows them either delivered in transit on time.  I  hate that this error is affecting my star seller rating.   It's happened with manually inputting tracking numbers and with pirateship, even after I reconnected my etsy integration.

0 Likes

Is there any update from the team that is looking into this.  I now have 29 orders that say pre-transit but are definitely in transit and my Star Seller shipping and tracking stats are going down every day.  For me this has been happening since March 1.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.