Hi, 

I use 'other' because Etsy doesn't provide services Tracked48 and Tracked24 by Royal Mail. And I don't want to go back to 'signed for' because of lots of messages - where's my order! 

UK sellers how are you going to use these services now while the option 'other' is not longer available?

So far I can adding new listing and using old delivery profiles with the option 'other' but I wonder when Etsy force me to change it anyway

MinnieMaudsAttic
Conversation Maker

Re: Royal Mail Tracked48 and Tracked24 - UK sellers, what are you going to do now with Update requir

Jump to solution

@KittyKnitsDesigns   As a buyer, it’s always been a bugbear of mine that Etsy doesn’t show the name of the service used, unlike like Ebay.  As I only buy from sellers who use Royal Mail, it can be quite annoying having to ask a seller each time I want to buy something.  

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes

Re: Royal Mail Tracked48 and Tracked24 - UK sellers, what are you going to do now with Update requir

Jump to solution

@MinnieMaudsAttiIndeed! One of mine too. Our shipping (RM) is mentioned in our FAQs, though I'm not sure if anyone reads that far...

2 Likes
MinnieMaudsAttic
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@KittyKnitsDesigns   I must admit, I tend to look for the information in the description rather than the FAQs

1 Like

Jump to solution

@MinnieMaudsAttic 

Etsy doesn’t show the name of the service used, unlike like Ebay.

I was once forced to pay for 1st class signed for for an ebay item, and by that I mean that was the only service they offered. Fine.

I was then a bit annoyed to find when it arrived, they'd sent it 2nd class standard.

Now it arrived in 2 days, and the overall price was reasonable for the item anyway.

But I was still miffed.

2 Likes
MinnieMaudsAttic
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@CappuccinoLace   I would certainly challenge a seller who did that and they wouldn’t get any feedback!

I believe that you can open a case for NAD on Ebay if a seller uses a different carrier than the listing states - possibly also for using a slower postage service.  Whether it’s worth the effort if the overall price is satisfactory is another matter.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@MinnieMaudsAttic  oh totally. Even at that price, it was a 5th of RRP.

And ebay handles it much better than etsy...

just have to have sellers who follow it.

1 Like
WHengraving
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thanks everyone. I've changed standard delivery to the 2nd class but still using tracked48 and upgrading to 1st class, describing and using as tracked24. I use click&drop for domestic and Etsy labels for international. 

I must admit that eBay delivery options system is far better than Etsy

3 Likes

Jump to solution
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Among other targets, Royal Mail must:

• deliver 93% of First Class mail within one working day of collection;  - Royal Mail actually delivered 73.7%
  • deliver 98.5% of Second Class mail within three working days of collection; and - Royal Mail actually delivered 90.7%
  • complete 99.9% of delivery routes on each day that a delivery is required - Royal Mail actually completed 89.35% 

As a US seller/buyer, I'm flabbergasted by these numbers! Our Post Office hasn't had numbers like the "actually delivered" percentages listed here since the Pony Express (1860-1) stabled its last horse. AND some are saying these stats include a postal strike! Holy mackerel! The UK should send that CEO they fired over here! Maybe then we'd get our mail system to actually move faster than a slug. The estimated delivery date that Etsy puts on our US listings is so laughable that you can't even take them seriously. On a more sober note, I AM sorry that Etsy keeps nobbling Brits with acceptable delivery options.

We quit buying from the UK years ago because of the "we only used signed-for Royal Mail" policy in so many stores and sites. Signed-for is personally too expensive for us, because we don't buy anything of great value or need. I wish you all the best, though, and know you'll find a way around this. For what it's worth, our PO eliminated First Class Package and Parcel Ground back in June and replaced them with something called Ground Advantage. Good service, good choice. But Etsy still hasn't changed the dropdown box to reflect this, so you have to advertise your shipping as using a delivery method that hasn't existed for four months. Buyers can get a bit miffed about it (anything named Ground has always been the slowest service), but eventually it'll become common knowledge. Or, maybe, if we can get that fired British CEO over here, things might improve. Toodle pip!

0 Likes
MinnieMaudsAttic
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@CobnutCottage   The size of the UK means that the targets should be easier to deliver - we are a very small country compared to the US or Canada.

Yes, the stats shown include a period of regular strikes and a cyber attack which put international deliveries out of action for days with problems lasting for several weeks.

Believe me, you really don’t want the CEO who has left RM!

I expect that many of the sellers you encountered who insisted on ‘signed for’ postage because of previous problems with other US buyers  (many of whom seem to have no idea how long items take to arrive).  

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.