Today I received a dozen emails about in-person Etsy transactions that I did not do. 

my account has been on vacation mode for several month. I never use Etsy anymore, and I never use my Square for transactions.

I chatted with Etsy Support and they were not helpful. Even though the bottom of each emailed receipt says “Contact Etsy Support if you were not involved in this transaction”. 

It is impossible to get any support for Etsy, which is why I left this platform last year. 

I hope I am not being scammed, and asked to refund money I haven’t received for items I did not sell. 

Re: Receiving emails for in person transactions that I did not do.

Jump to solution

I'm getting these too. OF COURSE no help from Etsy. In a city and state I'm not annnnnywhere near. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
BevJonesArt
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

This happened to me too. I also got a shirty message off Etsy for putting up a thread about it. Apparently I should have trawled the forums first. I'M ONLY ON THE FORUM BECAUSE THE HELP FUNCTION DOESN'T WORK. 

The complete lack of support of any kind is at least as worrying as the odd emails. 

4 Likes

Jump to solution

This happened to me last night in the middle of the night too it says that they were all cash sales I didn’t do some pop up in my sleep last night and sell a bunch of stuff to people on the street. The problem with me is I’m autistic and if I don’t have a phone number to call somebody to talk them through it I can’t find a person to help me with this at all through all those prompts because I can’t understand any of that none of them make any sense they don’t pertain to this particular problem and I don’t have a whole lot of tolerance to be sitting online for long periods of time. This company is the most ableist  company ever!!! If I was able to work outside the house I would totally get a job and get rid of selling on here but unfortunately I have to still on here because this is the only job that I’m capable of doing according to all the people on my team.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@SassijamsLand I was just gonna text you and ask if you got these problematic emails, too. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.