Quantity option missing

Has anybody else noticed the quantity option for customers to choose from on their listings is missing? I noticed the quantity drop down box on one of my listings missing so I thought I had only one left, so I added in more quantity to it, but it still doesn't show up on the listing, so it looks like only one is available. I have only checked a couple of listings, but it shows the same thing even after I add more available to them. Maybe this was a earlier change Etsy made but I never noticed it until now?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Quantity option missing

Anything over $20 will not show quantity until you add to cart 

1 Like

@PowderBlueBijoux 

"I noticed the quantity drop down box on one of my listings missing so I thought I had only one left, ..." 

Was the price of that item over $20? If so then that is why. For some stupid reason etsy decided to remove the quantity drop down option for items over $20 even if you have multiple available. You have to cart the item first then you can select quantity in the cart instead of being able to select it on the listing. Items under $20 with multiple quantities available will show the quantity drop down option on the listing. It's been like this for a few years now I believe. It really dumb in my opinion but then again, etsy is sort of known for dumb changes these days.

3 Likes

Wow, thank you for your answers. Yes, my items are over $20, you can't buy from yourselves, so I would have no way of knowing that what customers see is different then how my listings are set up. Then when I buy jewelry making supplies on Etsy the pieces are under $20 each, so I have never seen anything different about quantity in a listing. I don't know why Etsy would think this is a good thing because if I saw something I like and needed more then one, I'd pass right by a listing that didn't show more quantity available and I certainly wouldn't put it in my cart.

1 Like

It's crazy!  I don't understand the reasoning for this.  

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.