BardotBowGallery
Inspiration Seeker

Qualified for Star Seller at 95.8% but did not receive!

I answered 69 of 72 messages during the qualifying months for Star Seller.
Three missed while on vacation, 1 of which was replied to in a separate message sent by same guest 1 minute later. Despite this, my math has computed this as a 95.8% rate of response. (100/72=1.38 x 69 = 95.8%). I generate many sales on this platform, I do not understand this discrepancy. 
I answer messages morning, noon and night. Amidst my children's needs, while I should be sleeping and on the weekend. To not receive this is VERY frustrating. Anyone else? 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Qualified for Star Seller at 95.8% but did not receive!

You missed 3 messages. According to Etsy, you must reply to every single message to get the SSB. They use their math, not yours. We are seeing a ton of posts about not getting the SSB this month. Search the forums for more answers. Sorry I couldn't help more.

1 Like

I know It’s so inconsistent!!!  I did not make it either!  I have a small shop but thought I’d at least get the badges?  Which I thought were now monthly?  I guess not!  Read it wrong!  It’s a 3 month average.   Just upsets me!  Why I don’t know!  Not worth getting all upset anymore. Just frustrating!    I had 100% convo reply, 5% Rating, 100% Shipping and tracking numbers.   But no $300 or 10 orders. I thought they changed that.?   

oh well…it’s not worth the frustration anymore!  I really think buyers look and read the reviews!  If get those and constant communication with buyers I think that counts for a lot!  I always communicate and say Thank you when an order comes through!  Always send a free handmade gift as well!  

1 Like

Look at SugarTaffy below. The new metrics begin in July, and affect the SSB beginning in August

1 Like
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Seems like this is happening on the west coast per the recent forum posts by sellers out west. It can take up to 24 hours to update. I'm guessing you don't have an overdue bill because that would hinder getting the SSB. If you have any messages not answered you can move them to Spam (per Etsy) and your percentage will update. Sorry, that's all I can think of. Here's some additional info from Etsy:

"Starting in July, shops will need to have at least 5 orders (down from 10) within the three month review period to qualify for Star Seller. Those orders will still need to total $300 before shipping and taxes. You still need to have been on Etsy’s platform for 90 days since your first sale (that criteria hasn’t changed). You’ll start to see this new criteria reflected on your Star Seller dashboard in July and badges will be awarded using these new minimums on August 1. "

1 Like

@SugarTaffySoap But if you read what is said about the 4.8 rating requirement it says: This makes Star Seller more achievable for sellers with great reviews: 85% of shops with a review in the past 3 months have a ratings average of 4.8 or higher! This update will be reflected on your Star Seller dashboard in June and will take effect on July 1.  

So it should be reflected as a star badge on July 1st not August 1st.

3 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@AQuiltIsBorn  The individual badges are supposed to be awarded monthly. This is the second month I have none. I contacted Etsy support and they acknowledged there are many star seller glitches but don’t have the ability to fix them. You would think after 10 months, Etsy coder’s would have figured it all out!

3 Likes

Have had Star Seller since it started and the new (unnecessary) all three badges.  This month didn't get the reply badge (finally happened) because I sent a question to a forum team member and he replied to my question.  Star Seller says I didn't reply back, go figure!   I knew one day it was going to happen.  Not worth trying to reach and argue with Etsy over it and really at this point I don't care.  Glitch or not, not my problem.   Now my shop is just a little less cluttered with all of those ridiculous purple icon badges.  I am Star Seller freed! 

1 Like
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

@CreativeDesignsbyAmi  Yea, looks like a typo. But like I said, it can take up to 24 hours to update. Boy this little star sure keeps people on their toes doesn't it?

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.