Potential Buyer Conversations going to Etsy Spam folder

Over the last week or so, I noticed I wasn't getting many Etsy Messages. This morning I got on my computer and realized potential buyer messages were going to the Spam folder in Etsy! Ahh! I am sure I missed out on multiple orders due to my slow response time. They probably reached out to other sellers who actually got their messages. I've been on Etsy since 2009 and I've never had this issue. 

I reached out to Etsy support, but they could not pinpoint why the messages were marked as spam. I explained to her that I cannot be at my computer constantly checking messages while I'm working on orders and I don't know how to check the spam folder via the app. Well, then she explained to me that you actually cannot check the spam folder from the app. So basically, there's no way to find out that this is happening unless you check your messages on the computer. This is going to be a major problem when I am on vacation or out of town and can't drag my PC along with me. I do like to keep up with convos when I am away at least once or twice a day. Do I need to invest in a laptop just so I can check messages?! That's crazy. 

I then kindly suggested I receive compensation due to the loss in orders. I spend a ton of money on ads and Etsy Plus. How am I going to get orders through ads if I don't receive the messages from potential buyers? She said she'd look into it and get back to me. 

If you are having this issue, please report it to Etsy so they know this is a wide spread problem. Something has to be done. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
4 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Potential Buyer Conversations going to Etsy Spam folder

You don't need to use a computer - use the browser on another device.

1 Like

I had the same thing happen to me last week! I saw I had received a message and could not find it and just happened to see Spam folder and opened it and there it was! Will report.

1 Like

We just found this is happening to us, too! There are legitimate potential customers with relevant questions that we just found in Spam, so it's definitely an issue.

1 Like

Happening to us as well with a customer we were having an ongoing conversation with. Could lose a $2900 sale because of it. Etsy better get this straightened out. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.