DigiGraphicStore
Inspiration Seeker

Payment Processing Delays on Several Orders & No download button for Digital

Jump to solution

I now have had multiple orders that show "payment processing" and then all but one of the customers has now canceled their orders.  The one customer is hanging in there with me trying to figure it out.   I had my sister go buy a couple of things to see if it happened to her and it also was delayed but her payment after a few minutes went through and after 2 hours, she still doesn't have a download button for her digital items.  

I am now losing sales and the worse part, these came from my Etsy Ad Campaign and so, I am losing the sale but having to pay for the click.  Costing me money!

Does anyone know what is going on and if there is a fix?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Payment Processing Delays on Several Orders & No download button for Digital

Jump to solution

@DigiGraphicStore: "... all but one of the customers has now canceled their orders ..." Did the buyers contact you to cancel the order (because a buyer CANNOT cancel an order once placed) or did the orders just change to cancelled? If the latter, Etsy cancelled them, probably because the payment failed. If the user account has disappeared then most likely it was a fraud transaction which Etsy's payment processor caught.

View solution in original post

1 Like
8 Replies
DigiGraphicStore
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Payment Processing Delays on Several Orders & No download button for Digital

Jump to solution

I am wondering if the issue is someone who opened different accounts and was scamming.  I have now clicked on 2 of the canceled orders and OOPS comes up as there is no user.  The last one may be the same person and is just waiting to see what I do.  Could this be possible?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You can't really do anything until the payment finishes processing. The buyer can't cancel an order, so Etsy would have cancelled the ones that didn't go through. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I had this happen twice today, for the same digital item...It most likely is a scam and will "drop off"

1 Like

Jump to solution

@DigiGraphicStore: "... all but one of the customers has now canceled their orders ..." Did the buyers contact you to cancel the order (because a buyer CANNOT cancel an order once placed) or did the orders just change to cancelled? If the latter, Etsy cancelled them, probably because the payment failed. If the user account has disappeared then most likely it was a fraud transaction which Etsy's payment processor caught.

1 Like
DigiGraphicStore
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yep, exactly what it appears to be.

0 Likes
JudyStalus
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I just had a customer let me know there was no download link on her purchase page...there was not issue with her payment or the sale going through.  Maybe these are different issues. I just emailed her the pattern she purchased but hope this isn't a new bug.

1 Like
DigiGraphicStore
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

In my research, I discovered that tge Etsy app doesn't have the download buttons, which in my opinion,  needs to be fixed.  The customer needs to go to a desktop version to download.   Just found that out today.

0 Likes
DigiGraphicStore
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thanks for all the replies, it helped my research.  All above replies seem to be what is occurring.   Thanks everyone!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.