On the new listing page, why don't photos upload in the order I chose?

I've adjusted to the new listing page BUT, when uploading batch photos, my photos are numbered in sequence, they are not showing in the sequential order I chose.  On the old listing page, I could upload a batch, they came out perfect.  Now when using the new listing page, I have to upload each photo ( one by one), which is not a time saver.  What's the story?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
11 Replies

Re: On the new listing page, why don't photos upload in the order I chose?

You can upload them altogether and move them around - no need to do them one at a time. Slightly annoying though, I agree 

0 Likes
KewpieRetro
Inspiration Seeker

Is there any way to control this in the settings? I find it very annoying.

0 Likes
JustMeToo
Community Maker

@aStringOfpoloponies   I upload all of them at once for a listing, and then move them around to the order I want.

1 Like

I have had the same problem for months and just keep using the old lister. Have tried to move the photos around but the system won't let me. How do you do it without having to do multiple uploads?  

0 Likes
JustMeToo
Community Maker

@PaperandPlastics If I am making a new listing, I click on the photo box, go to my folder that has the photos I want.  I hold down the control key, highlight the pics I want and hit "save" or "open" or whatever it says.  They all go in.  After that I slide them back and forth to the order I want them in.

0 Likes

Thanks for the response.

I have been getting the photos up ok but could not move them around, tried your 'sliding' technique and that seems to work.

Would still prefer it if Etsy got the lister sorted so that they come up in the correct order, like they do in the 'old lister'.  David

0 Likes

@aStringOfpoloponies: Best guess is that the current upload library that Etsy uses is multi-threaded so the images no longer upload 'one at a time' sequentially.

0 Likes

I have been complaining about this for months and nothing happens. I see your post is a few months old has your problem been sorted yet? I just keep using the old lister which works perfectly. New is not always better.

1 Like

I'm on a Safari browser and able to upload 10 photos at once and just move them around into the right order on the new listing page.  Are you using the app?  The new seller app is notoriously full of holes. 

0 Likes

Its why I still use the old template, no issues there. Sometimes old is better. LOL.

Hope they never get rid of the old template.

1 Like

This is the one thing that irks me the most about the new listing format. I shoot my listing photos in the order I think best showcases my items. Yes, I resort them manually but sorting is one of the things that computers do best! I load my identical listings on Reverb (owned by Etsy) and Ebay and they go up in the correct order. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.