Well now I've seen the biggest seller sabotage test EVER. The item details are now HIDDEN in a drop down underneath the photographs. I thought I was finding a rash of sellers that were not adding descriptions to their listings. Then I vaguely remembered another post recently. I'm on PC and it just took ME about 8 mins checking other sellers I have book marked to work out how to drop down an item description. You think people don't read descriptions NOW? Just wait until they presume there aren't any descriptions because someone thought it would be a grand idea to HIDE them. UPDATE: I have now had to add THIS to my shop announcement. PLEASE NOTE: Etsy thought it would be a GREAT test idea to hide descriptions in a drop down box under the photographs. If you cannot see my item description at first glance please look under the photographs for the section ITEM DETAILS.

nineteen27
Community Maker

Re: OMG Etsy-worst test EVER!! Item details HIDDEN under photos

@DivineCrossings 

hey... that is my @... lol

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

I thought it was odd that a shop I follow didn't have descriptions of his products. I didn't even notice the drop-down. 

4 Likes
VibeEnvy
Conversation Maker

I've been aware of this for some time, have seen it a lot and even still when I scroll down the huge blank space throws me off, and knowing where it is now, however it's set up, I just am unable to instinctively locate it right away. I feel like I have to scan all over the page to find it for a few seconds. Like subconsciously everything else on the page draws the eye and makes your eyes not see it unless you really try. (like it has a perception filter on it, if you're a Dr who fan lol)

6 Likes

@DivineCrossings OOPS   

@nineteen27  @@@      LOL

2 Likes

I swear that Etsy is TRYING to drive us to other platforms to sell!  I work really hard on my descriptions and that’s part of what helps sell my pieces.  STOP IT ETSY!!!!!!!!  Stop trying to make it more difficult for potential customers ESPECIALLY at this time of year!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Both of my shops are in this test.  My shops had just gotten back to normal finally after being in the last test of the descriptions being under the reviews.  Now here I am dealing with this mess and during a holiday of all things.  Etsy needs to stop all of these silly test and take care of real problems the sellers are facing.

4 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

@lazydazefarm 

your shops are not in the test.

i see your descriptions in the normal place.

your account is in the test... which is why you are seeing shops in test mode.

2 Likes

COME ON ETSY, PUT THE DESCRIPTIONS BACK!!!

2 Likes

I swear... some GENIUS makes the decision to hide descriptions at least once a year. WHY does it have to be during Holiday shopping season?  Change it BACK!  I don't have time to explain to my customers how to find the details in my listings. So tired of this...

0 Likes

Is there some way we can send feedback to Etsy to tell them what we think of this?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.