The emails sent by Etsy come out almost completely unreadable in Outlook. Just so you know.

I just received a coupon code email from Etsy from a shop I just bought from. The coupon graphic covered 90% of the text and it was completely unreadable. 

The same thing happens with the weekly report explaining how many sales you've made. 

I don't think my set up in outlook is different than any others. It might be worth checking them. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: The emails sent by Etsy come out almost completely unreadable in Outlook. Just so you know.

@boutonrougedesigns: Outlook has always been a bit non-standard how it does things and it sometimes affects how eMails look. This article may be of interest to you https://www.swiftdigital.com.au/blog/why-does-my-email-look-different-in-outlook/

1 Like

Re: The emails sent by Etsy come out almost completely unreadable in Outlook. Just so you know.

Hi Bagmaker, 

Sorry for the crazy late reply.*   Thanks for the link. It seems like that's the info that Etsy tech should have so they can overcome these formatting issues. 

*Funnily enough I came back to forums to bring this topic up again and found this - my original post. Lol. 

0 Likes

I have had the same issue with Outlook too... for a long while now.  I wish they would gear emails for all mail platforms.  I just all click to read in browser.  But Etsy is one of the few I always have to do that for.  

0 Likes
SewlyButtons
Conversation Maker

I too have the same Outlook issues. And if I click to view in a browser, my version of Outlook opens in Explorer 11 for which support was discontinued in June 2022. Would be nice if one of the etsy Techs would read that article. I'm sure there are thousands of us etsy sellers using Outlook. 

Back in the day I had my own website and my designer tested her code in ALL browsers to make sure shoppers didn't see garbage when they came to the website. I'm thinking etsy techs may not exercise similar vigilance...  sad to say...

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.