Number of sales not matching

I recently noticed my storefront page says I have made 1,774 sales. However, when I go to my stats page and have it display stats for all time, it only says I have made 1,625 sales. Why is there a difference (and a sizable one at that)? I would love to try to set a goal of hitting 2,000 sales by the end of the year, but doing that with one of those numbers is a lot easier than doing that from the other one.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies
CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

Re: Number of sales not matching

Possibly the second doesn't count multiple items in one sale. Go with the 1774.

0 Likes
FeltFunky
Conversation Maker

Yes, all-time stats show ORDERS, shop front shows sales.

2 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Hmm that's odd. I just checked mine because I thought I had recently just passed 5k sales, but now it says 5932 sales and 4967 orders !! I understand why they are different numbers, what I don't understand is now the number of sales has changed so much in the last few days. I'm must be losing my marbles. I could have sworn I looked at it the other day and it said something like 5013 sales.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Oooh I found it - on my orders page it says 5015 completed orders. But in my all time stats it says 4967 orders. I think this is because the stats don't go that far back (to 2013) using the current system, so some are omitted???

Apparently the stats don't go back further than 11/01/2017, so if you started your shop before then, then those orders are not counted in the stats.

Maybe just go with the number of sales which is the number on your shop front page.

0 Likes
FeltFunky
Conversation Maker

@Amaradorn 

I never realised that. I have used 'all time' only occasionally, and didn't see that note about 2017 until I looked just now!

0 Likes

Stats page - All Time - 2016-2023 click Orders, and it shows my 1 order in 2016.

And I only see mention of the stats don't go beyond 11/01/2017 when clicking Custom.

Otherwise the All time button does show orders before that date, at least for me....

0 Likes

If a buyer buys multiple qtys of the same listing = 1 sale.

If they buy the same listing but different variations = it counts each 1 as a sale.

Multiple listings in 1 order = counts each listing as a sale.

1 Like
RinglerDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

This what everyone needs to read. This made it make sense. Thank you!

0 Likes

Oh goodness. I'm going to stick with the number on my shop page. The numbers on my stats page and my orders page aren't the same, and it shows some orders further back than 2017, but it sounds like that may or may not be accurate. Oh well. Here's to hitting goals for all of us over the next few months!

0 Likes
Cozyimo
Post Crafter

Orders and sales are two diffrent things .

Shop front showes no of sales (means if someone purchased 3 items thats consider 1 order on dashboard but on frontend its show 3 sales )

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.