Does anybody have a payoneer no taxpayer ID issue ?

I have started my shop ncypgarden since 2018 and all goes well. I design, handmade and I take my own photos. Nothing violate Etsy's policy.

In March I enrolled Etsy payment.

In minutes my shop got suspended. It took me a long time to figure out where the problem lies:

I linked a payoneer account that does not sync well with etsy.

The message says:

"Legal shop information
Since you’ve connected your Payoneer account to Etsy, you’ll need to go to Payoneer to edit the info in this section."

So I contacted payoneer and their support suggested I should go to etsy to solve this problem.

This is a dead end. 
Now I am trying to unlink the payoneer.

Does anybody have same situation and how you solve it?
Thanks.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Does anybody have a payoneer no taxpayer ID issue ?

There seems to be some discrepancies in your shop which could be causing the problem.

Your shop says you are in the UK, but UK sellers are not required to sign up to Payoneer.

In addition your shop claims the items are handmade, but some of the items are shipping from the UK, whilst others are shipped from the United States & China.

Unless all the details match you risk your shop being closed down.

1 Like

I can not visit seller forums with my account.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Etsy thinks you are in China, that is why you have been told to enrol in Etsy Payments via Payoneer.

If you originally set up your shop for China, you can't change the country to UK. If you want to operate from the UK you need to set up a new shop as a UK shop with a UK bank account and tax payer details. All tax payer details must match and that includes the country.

You can have a shop based in China and ship from the UK but you will put those UK details in the shipping profile only. All other details (bank/Payoneer, ID etc) must be for China.

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply. Things changed to a wrong direction.  It has nothing to do with this shop. But I guess here are all UK sellers, where is not my shop based. Mine is US based.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@NCYPgardenUK Same rules for UK and US shops - both cannot link to Payoneer.

If you were told by Etsy to link your Payoneer account then your shop must have been set up for a country that now requires Payoneer.

Also - your UK shop currently has PayPal only. This will be a problem in the future because all UK shops must have Etsy Payments (not via Payoneer). Go and check what country you used when you opened each of your shops. The shop country cannot be changed because it is linked to bank account format, ID type and currency (unless you are moving between countries within the EU).

0 Likes

There have been problems with other shops with payoneer, and only payoneer can sort it out, as they are the ones that do the verification, that you are who you say you are, not etsy

Etsy just looks to see if all the checks by payoneer passed.

If they haven't, Etsy doesn't proceed, you need to go to payoneer, and find out the problem, and get them to sort it out.

however, your shop is a bit of a mess, it says UK, but it's paypal only, it should be etsy payments, you have something really messed up with it,
you don't have a right to withdraw policy, it is a legal requirement, but only EU/UK shops can add it, if you can't, you have something wrong in the background
you don't have a gdpr policy, and you don't have your address and e-mail address in sellers details, with the trader box ticked, these three things any country can do.

I would start a new shop, with all UK info, id, and bank account, especially with all the new HMRC laws being implemented this year

0 Likes

ok. I will go to payoneer again. Please ignore the shop information. I cannot log mine to ask quetsions here. This UK shop has a long story to say and has nothing to do with it. I will concentrate on the payoneer issue and then back.  Thanks.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.