For some reason Etsy isn't recognizing my tracking numbers from Pirate Ship, sinking my star seller fast! It shows it in etsy with the correct tracking yet, when I check on my star seller csv every order I used pirate ship for isn't showing as tracking. Are we not allowed to use pirate ship any more??? 

GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Re: Not recognizing tracking from Pirate Ship

Jump to solution

@BaubleShoppeBeads   I see that message when I import orders too now. It didn't happen before.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Jump to solution

Are you still getting that error after deleting the integration and recreating it on PirateShip's side? That was what had to be done a few days ago when something happened to disrupt the integrations. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Adorabilities I am not seeing the red notice in Pirate Ship today, it is gone now.  However, I do see orders on my Completed Items page that are in pre-transit that are 4 years old!!!  So, I am in the same boat as you guys with this.

1 Like
BelleAndHappy
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

It happened to me and I had to disconnect my shop and connect it again. It works fine now. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Its not just Pirate Ship.  I have another friend that used Etsy labels.  She combined shipping on multiple orders.  The one she printed through Etsy shows In Transit.  The one she manually added shows Pre transit, for the same tracking number.

2 Likes
MissPussinBoots
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

This exact thing happened to me too. Combo shipped items with Etsy labels from 2 orders with the same tracking info - one shows in transit, the other (manual input) says 'no tracking' even with the LITERAL tracking number on the order. ??? WTH

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@MissPussinBoots , @PrettyVagrant , did you cut and paste the tracking number into the second order page, or did you literally "manually" enter it, as in type it in?  I always cut and paste to avoid typos in the tracking number.  You probably cut and paste, but I just thought I'd throw that tidbit out there.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I spent an hour on the phone with Etsy chat (an hour which I will never get back), being manipulated and lied to, but they did eventually fix the problem. I explained that I had 6 items marked both with a tracking number and also marked as lacking a tracking number. I explained the illogic of this and asked that the dings on my "star seller" stats be fixed. Etsy's error/Etsy should fix, no? Well, according to the person on the other end, I had to provide the last four digits of my cc #, the last 4 digits of my bank account associated with Etsy, and the last 4 digits of my EIN. I expressed my belief that this was nonsense as it was Etsy's error and I'd never been required to supply this information before when fixing ANYTHING on my account. Neil assured me that this was and had always been the rule which is poppycock/nonsense/bull&%$#. Eventually, realizing that their error would remain if I didn't give my information, I gave it, but I'm obviously still angry about it.  They fixed the records and then, a day or two later, the "star seller" stats.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

If they're going to go in and manually adjust something in your shop, they have to make sure the owner of the shop is the one authorizing it. Asking for those numbers is how they check. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yeah, no, @Adorabilities . Their screw-up should not require my personal information. They should fix their error without requiring more of my time or information.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This happened to me last week with only one order. It came back as lacking a tracking number and decreased my percentage in the star seller. I use pirate ship. I had one order that I shipped out after that and it was fine.

Did they fix this issue? I just got another order and I am worried about shipping it.  Thank you for any help in advance. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Just another reason Etsy should never have started this, and should get rid of it.  If they can't do the math correctly and there seems to always be glitches in their system, plus all it does is create a time glut for sellers and tons of unnecessary stress as we have to go back and prove to them they made a mistake.  Plus we all know they are not good at admitting their errors, or fixing them.  Oftentime they don't even look into them.  Its so frustrating.

6 Likes

Jump to solution

I agree with you! It is very frustrating! We don't have any extra time to keep track of their mistakes and point them out to them. I wasted almost one full day to fix 50 or so orders that were showing pre-transit, and in the meanwhile was not taking care of my store and other outstanding orders that needed to be shipped.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

IT seems somehow .... they get worse and worse. Pay higher fees and have to  play games with them to even report technical issues,  they cause. The hours and hours wasted trying to fix Etsy is getting VERY old. Basically they do not care. There are more sellers to deal with they they can handle. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This is still happening, I just got a notice that orders that have been delivered are "missing" tracking information and they all say pre-transit. I also use PirateShip. I have lost my star seller because of this.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@WanderingOakSoap I was having the same problem with Pre-Transit and I use Pirateship. I did just check and now I'm seeing that they must be getting around to correcting them since 5 of my 6 packages now say Delivered! The last one is Out for Delivery. Only problem now is that I don't see that reflected yet in my star seller for shipping. It still says 79% instead of 100% as it should.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It is still happening to me as well. Have you tried to get in touch with etsy yet. I was trying to avoid going through the rig Amaroo but it seems I am going to have to get in touch with them and travel through the maze I have heard so much about. Has anyone had success with contacting etsy and having this resolved? If so, any advice. Thank you.

1 Like
BelleAndHappy
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

It’s been happening to me as well. I contacted Etsy support yesterday and they said they are aware of the problem and they are working on it. It’s probably a bug in the system. They also said that as soon this problem is fixed my star seller metrics should also update.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I was having the same problem until this moment. I had 2 orders showing no tracking bringing my star seller score to 91%. I had to create a label today on pirateship so I first disconnected the connection to etsy on pirateship and then reconnected it. My status in star seller now says 100% and my .csv show all complete orders. 

It can't hurt for people if they are still having this problem to reconnect pirateship to etsy because it might be all you need to fix this situation. I did this about a week ago as well but it did not fix it but it is possible that there has been a fix since then and reestablishing a connection might help you.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

(For those who have not seen).  *Admin Update in Tech. Issues, fr. 2 hrs. ago.

Hope to see more Sellers stating their glitches have been resolved.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/RESOLVING-Some-USPS-tracking-orders-showing-as-pre-tr...

2 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I checked my stats this morning and, yes, they were finally fixed.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I hope everyone is now seeing the fix. Mine are all showing the correct "Delivered" status now. And as of yesterday I noticed that my Star Seller stats went from 79% back to the correct 100%!

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.