It is shocking to me that a company as large as Etsy does not comprehend the importance of customers, whether buyer or seller, without them ETSY does not have a business and this is the number one rule for all businesses, without customers there is no business and top priority should be customer service, we provide top customer service! is it not fair to ask for the same in return?

So why is it that Etsy has done everything in their power to make it impossible to receive any customer support?

Why have they removed chat functions for those based outside of the United States?

Why have they removed any working contact number for those outside of the United States?

Re: No customer support for Sellers outside of the United States

Thanks @CraftyCornishMaids some sellers from America also tried to send me links, but must be location based. In the Netherlands we are only honoured with copy and paste reply emails (that is when they answer)

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

That's a bit odd - I find with e-mail, it just takes about 4 replies to get anywhere

0 Likes

and every time I mention anything on this forum, my help page suddenly turns too "

Whoopsie!

Etsy just had a hiccup.

so I guess at least someone from Etsy is reading

0 Likes
23CraftyStreet
Conversation Maker

Recently on my dashboard appeared “ Looking for support? We’re here to help. You can chat or request a phone call from our team of seller support experts.” And button “contact support “. Last evening first time I tried to contact Etsy support (regarding weird order), so I clicked on it, a couple of clicks later I could choose from chat, call back or email us. I chose chat, asked for real person, within 1 minute I was connected, the person on the other side advised me to wait with processing this order and forwarded it to “expert team”, got email from them in the middle of night. I was surprised (after reading about Etsy support on the forum) how quickly it was solved, but maybe I was lucky.

0 Likes

UK and USA seem to have more than just the email option, We do not receive that luxury in the Netherlands

0 Likes
23CraftyStreet
Conversation Maker

@CryzalisDesigns  Sorry  to hear that, I thought all countries are treated the same when it comes to support.

1 Like

@JMOldeVintage that is totally understandable, but no names or shops where mentioned as for frustration, sales are up, don't even mind the fees.. what is frustrating and infuriating is that we do not receive the service as advertised or that we pay for, we do not receive any kind of support from real people and Etsy has made it very clear that it is not a level playing field

0 Likes

@CryzalisDesigns - At times I think Etsy is going through an "identity crisis". Or that there are changes coming we know little about or could accurately guess at. All that trickles down & affects the customer service shop owners receive. 

1 Like

@23CraftyStreet you would have thought so, we after all pay the same fees (well that is not exactly true either)

1 Like
BluKatDesign
Conversation Maker

Is there really any customer support here in the US LOL?

0 Likes
ClosetGothic
Community Curator

I’m in New Zealand and followed the ‘contact’ links for a small shop problem last week. I emailed, the response was that Support would get back to me within 48 hours. It was around 24 hours and the issue was resolved very quickly with a little back and forth. I was impressed - it was on July 4 too!

Emailing via the Help menu seems to be best for International sellers. 

0 Likes

@ClosetGothic none of that works for me any more. I am permanently in the copy & paste Support replies via email category now. 

1 Like

Don't get excited... still no reply from support but something new has popped up! I received a message (which are always replied within an hr, unless I am asleep then it is 4hrs) 

******* is reaching out to you for the first time

Send a reply within 24 hours to show them your shop delivers top-notch service.

Seriously!!! 

1st I receive star seller status EVERY month since it has started, I certainly do not require lessons on customer service, my customers come first!

2nd I certainly do not appreciate the patronising messages displayed in my dashboard on a daily basis from Etsy, when in fact customers are important to us but obviously not to Etsy

3rd ... yep still waiting to speak to a real person!

3 Likes

@CryzalisDesigns i know i do love the little reminder box about messages, i just wished it popped up thier end as well everytime they recieve an email and BTW did you  not read the bit about Etsy "keeping it Human" imao!

1 Like

Yes @daisysjewellerygifts , that is just as patronising as when they put #supportsmall on their copy paste replies.

I did once receive a what looked like human reply several months, they called me Christopher (not sure who he is, but at least it seemed less patronising than a robot replying) and sorry for the mistake and they would escalate the matter.. this was followed by 2 months of copy paste replies before all stopped. now I just get Whoopsie, seems the increased fees are doing their job

1 Like
ClosetGothic
Community Curator

@cindylouwho2  Well that’s pretty stink. You contribute so much to Etsy I would have thought you deserved Concierge treatment!

3 Likes

@ClosetGothic hahaha yeah, no.

Etsy would likely be very happy to push me off the site entirely. There doing a good job of it, too! 

2 Likes

They don't have any support to speak of for customers in the US, either. They are not just singling foreign sites out. 

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.