No customer support for Sellers outside of the United States

It is shocking to me that a company as large as Etsy does not comprehend the importance of customers, whether buyer or seller, without them ETSY does not have a business and this is the number one rule for all businesses, without customers there is no business and top priority should be customer service, we provide top customer service! is it not fair to ask for the same in return?

So why is it that Etsy has done everything in their power to make it impossible to receive any customer support?

Why have they removed chat functions for those based outside of the United States?

Why have they removed any working contact number for those outside of the United States?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
6 Likes
42 Replies

Re: No customer support for Sellers outside of the United States

They've removed a phone number for everyone. You cannot direct call anymore, no matter where you are.

You have to go through the ticket system, where you can request a call back.

0 Likes

@CappuccinoLace I haven't been able to get the callback option for months. Sellers with far fewer sales than me are getting it, so it is no longer based on volume. They are apparently just blocking me. 

5 Likes

I have been waiting since June 24.........and so far CRICKETS from Etsy, and I am in the US!

0 Likes
AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

@CryzalisDesigns 

Here is how I find the chat.

How to Contact Etsy Support – Etsy Help

Clicks:

"Contact support"

"Buying on Etsy"

"Help with an order"

and then scroll down to a light blue tag:

"I still need help" and then you are ready to click

"Chat with us".

0 Likes

@AnnaleasFinest As I have been telling people for years, not everyone gets the chat response when they do that. I now get email. I used to get chat & phone, but now I do not. 

7 Likes

Plus its the weekend, so not sure they will get any response anyway, but saying that they probably wont get a response in the week either!

2 Likes
AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

@cindylouwho2 

thanks. I don't read here every day and every thread. Just sharing what works for me. ☺

0 Likes

Thank you @AnnaleasFinest this option is not available to us

We are honoured with automated copy paste replies via email 

3 Likes
AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

@CryzalisDesigns 

oh, nooo... that's horrible!

I wonder why not all sellers get the same service though?

1 Like

Chat only appears with some things.  Same with phone.  I seldom get those though I am checking usually to help others.  I seldom need support help.

I find email the best as from what I have heard about chat and phone too many wrong answers are being given out.  Including answers that contradict Our House Rules.

Me think chat and phone need more training. 

1 Like

I've found Chat comes and goes, it's not available 24/7. Same way as I don't always get the option to email. 

I've also found it of no help whatsoever, no matter what my problem or query has been. 

1 Like

Chat and call back are available - mostly mon-fri usa east coast time,

but even then , it comes and goes, depending on the time.

I prefer e-mail, as both the others are outsourced, and read from scripts, then they log a call for you, which is there "interpretation" and often wrong.

Now, if I need to log a call, I keep going through the options until I find an E-mail option, and use that - it's much better - although even that takes about 5 - nope, still doesn't fix my problem - until it gets to someone who sort of knows what they are talking about 

0 Likes

I'm on eastern time US and chat or phone seldom appear except for certain topics.  Never for the financial ones. 

0 Likes

No idea, it seems a strange model @AnnaleasFinest but It has become very clear to me that rules are enforced selectively and do not even apply to some. 

2 Likes

@CryzalisDesigns same here. Despite what people are saying in this thread, some shops will never get the chat or phone option. My old shop was like that, and this shop now has the same issue as of a few months ago. Maybe they think I ask too many questions LOL

People replying here could provide you with a direct link to get chat or a call back, but they aren't. (If I could, I would!)

2 Likes

it's saturday, I only get e-mail options on weekends

0 Likes

Etsy has one website that is global, unlike eBay, Amazon, etc. that have various "websites/locations".
Etsy the marketplace is open 24/7/365, however, when it comes to customer service for sellers it is based on a USA time zone & what are considered normal business days in the US.
Shop owners need to keep track of US Holidays since Etsy's offices will be closed on those days.

There have been many threads on the Chat staff, that they are outsourced script readers that will probably need to forward your issue up the chain of command.
From what I understand the odds of getting to the help page that allows you to enter your phone number for a call back are about as good as you winning a power ball lottery. (Okay, maybe a little better)

For serious issues - a shop has been hacked - there should be immediate phone support. Etsy should take appropriate action to make sure this service is not abused.

While I agree that at times shop owners try to contact Etsy about matters that are covered in their various Help Sections/Articles, imo Etsy really should consider cleaning up their "info" pages & have set standards on the links included. One gets lost when sometimes a link opens a different tab, or, it might take you away from the page you were just on. Confusion abounds.

Finally, when Etsy does something - deactivate a listing, place the shop on payment reserves - they should send the shop a specific email that explains why their shop had this happen. Don't send all-inclusive emails that leave shop owners puzzled & therefore absolutely in need of support to find out "why". 

2 Likes

We only get email options if you can call it that. Some robot replies hopefully within a month with a copy and paste reply which has nothing to do with your questions or issues. It is very clear that Etsy is not willing to deal with sellers or customers, but they have no problem turning a blind eye and assist the mass sellers masquerading as artisans. I am sure most sellers would not even have that many issues with Etsy if it was a level playing field, but it is not.

2 Likes

Reading that several people are actually talking to Etsy today, via chat or phone for support. How about using your increase in fees to bring back support for European sellers? You would not even have to go overboard and give us chat functions or phone calls, I would just settle for a real person replying to emails to start with. 

0 Likes

0 Likes

@CraftyCornishMaids  what is the bit under Chat supposed to mean? , Null Null !!

I think its saying you can try but dont waste your time.

0 Likes

@daisysjewellerygifts 

The bit under chat comes and goes for working,

probably depends if they are all busy on canadian GST

1 Like

It has been months, they just keep closing my tickets, they won't reply now and super quick to remove my post on the forum if I say anything factual they don't like

1 Like

@CryzalisDesigns - Deleting forum posts will be done if the moderators consider the threads a duplicate of another. Or it contains personal communications between Etsy & or a buyer. Or personal information about anyone is posted. Though at times they will just "remove" the info. & caution everyone involved about the forum standards. 
I won't go into some of the threads that just beg for non-business related opinion.

Anyway, most frustrations are understandable. The fee increases & possibly slowing sales add to the pile. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.