New listing form still not working for renewing sold out items

This needs to be fixed before the deactivation of the old listing form in less than a week! 

I'm very concerned because I do not want to lose the listing sales history on my listings.  The new form is definitely is NOT working for items that are sold out or deactivated.  Right now, I get an error messages when I make changes and then try to renew or save the listing. 

The only way I can renew a sold out or deactivated listing when I get the error message is to switch to the old form and then hit renew. If this doesn't get fixed and I have to copy the sold out listing to publish it, I am going to lose all of the sales history (which will affect the listings placement in search). 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
8 Likes
15 Replies
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Re: New listing form still not working for renewing sold out items

Yep, renewing sold listings still does not work.  Won't renew, because quantity defaults to 0.  Change it to 1 and then you get a general red error message and it will not relist.  What a crock!!!

6 Likes

@WendyShrayDesigns @NoFrogsAllowed : Are you also unable to renew directly from the Listings page or only if you try to edit the listing? We have not had the need to edit before renewing an expired or sold out listing so can only say that we have not had an issue renewing directly from the Listings page.

1 Like
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

@BagmakerSupply 

I renew sold from the listings page and have never once been able to do it successfully with the new form, whether I edited or not.  Have usually not had a problem when renewing expired or deactivated even when edited, but inconsistency is the word of the day when it comes to the new listing form.

7 Likes

Thanks for you comment. I notice that I get the error when I am trying to edit the listing prior to renewing. I have been able to do a work around if I am editing the listing, to going to the old form before publishing, or just renewing the listing with no changes in the new form, but then going to the listing to edit it after publishing (which is a lot of switching from expired to active listings).

0 Likes

@NoFrogsAllowed: Clearly I explained myself badly. What I was asking about was renewing from the Listings page using the  drop down menu (the one with the gear / cog glyph) and not opening the actual listing itself.

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

@BagmakerSupply 

I always open the listings to renew.  Using the gear leaves one open to listings mysteriously changing from manual to automatic renewal.

0 Likes

@NoFrogsAllowed: We must have been lucky because we have never run into that with sold out listings, and only with expired when we forget to uncheck the auto renew checkbox at the bottom of the expired renewal form.

It seems that seller experience definitely varies wildly on Etsy.

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

I just now made it work by Renewing sold from the general listings page.

You can then go back in, after it's renewed, and change anything you need like amounts etc.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Yes, when you Renew Sold, it keeps the listings history (No. of Sales, Favs, etc.). So it's not cool that this is not functional on the New Listing Form, especially at this late date. Did you try going to the Sold Orders Page, clicking the gear to the Right of the photo, and Renew Sold from there?

0 Likes

I will check that. Perhaps the issue is that I am also making changes to the listing before renewing and that is messing it up. I can try renewing and then making the changes in the published version.

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@WendyShrayDesigns  Maybe that could be part of it. Whenever I would Renew Sold, I would do that first before any changes were made. I never made changes before.
My edits are just another photo of the same exact item (I take a separate photo of each, due to the fact they are Handmade).

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

One of the main reasons my listings are set to manual renew is so that I can edit them before I renew them.  Doesn't make much sense to renew and then edit.

The NEW Etsy:  Do whatever you have to do to make it work (If you wait for them to fix it, you will never list anything.)

5 Likes
BluKatDesign
Conversation Maker

I talked to Etsy yesterday about this, they didn't have a clue and passed me along. Not sure if they are going to fix this or not! I am unable to access the old form now so I guess I can't renew expired listings now????

0 Likes

@BluKatDesign: "I am unable to access the old form ..." Using a browser at least, there is a banner across the top of the listing form : 'Welcome to your updated listing experience! The old form goes away June 25. Explore this updated form, and optimize your listings with all of its time-saving features.' Clicking on the 'old form' opens a tab with the old listing form.

1 Like

@BluDatDesign

Click on "old form" in the blue shaded area and you can still get into the old listing form.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.