NOT Resolved for me- Cursor jumping when responding to Messages

This issue is NOT resolved for me as of 1:55pm, Mountain Daylight time on July 5, 2022.   When attempting to edit anything in the body of a Message, the cursor still keeps jumping to the end. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
60 Replies

Re: NOT Resolved for me- Cursor jumping when responding to Messages

You might try a reboot or getting a new cookie placed.  Sometimes that solves the issue with any corrections Etsy makes.

0 Likes
chouchop
Inspiration Seeker

Hello
Please, I want help and I am looking for someone to help me. I have opened a shop because I am in dire need of money for three children and I want to work to meet their daily needs. I have entered this field and I have no knowledge of it. Therefore, please help me. My shop is my shop. Money to spend on advertising, so I ask you, who can help me? I hope you guide me, and thank you in advance. Thank youف
0 Likes

0 Likes

You might try a different browser to see if that works, and/or clearing your cache then restarting your browser. This is a long shot, but the issue you describe can be related to a wireless mouse with low batteries. The original message glitch (which was different from the one you are experiencing) was resolved for me last week. I'm having no message issues using Chrome.

0 Likes
AmoreTreasure
Conversation Maker

I continue to have this problem as well!  This has been reported in the forums for weeks now.  I chatted with Etsy last week and was told they were aware and are working on it so, apparently, if they really are working on it, they haven't fixed it yet.

2 Likes
TastefulArtisan
Conversation Maker

Well, this is a relief! I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me the first time it happened (and the second, third, forth...). Just started a few days ago. Nearly all my responses are given using snippets, I may change it a bit to suit the question but it doesn't happen in all of them, only 1 or 2 out of the 15 I have saved. The rest are just fine. Weird. I rebooted my laptop, twice, cleared the cache, batteries are fine and still doing it. Only happens on Etsy. It's time consuming, but on the snippets that cause that to happen, I just cut everything after the part I'm changing and then paste the rest back in. 

Like every glitch on Etsy, I'll wait it out or find a way around it I'm far more annoyed over the google ads thing but that's a different topic!

4 Likes

I had this problem last week, but this week it works fine (using Chrome). 

0 Likes

Mine's still jumping around too!

0 Likes
StreetwoodDesign
Conversation Maker

Using Chrome with a wired keyboard, Desktop, still having issues. It is better than last week, but still having issues that are also random and not consistent. I constantly clear my cache, and computer restarts everyday, browser opened and closed throughout the day.

3 Likes
TastefulArtisan
Conversation Maker

@StreetwoodDesign wrote:

Using Chrome with a wired keyboard, Desktop, still having issues. It is better than last week, but still having issues that are also random and not consistent. I constantly clear my cache, and computer restarts everyday, browser opened and closed throughout the day.

I don't think it has anything to do with equipment but rather Etsy and how the are formatting the message boxes. I know that here, in this reply, if I were to put a smiley face, text only like we all had to do before the word emoji was invented, I get an onscreen message that HTML was stripped. I didn't use HTML, I only typed two characters to make a smiley. 

So it's obvious they are making changes to our messaging system and this jumping curser glitch is likely part of the process. Hopefully it'll get resolved. While not all the important in the big scheme of things, it is very annoying.

Love that they tell us the message is a first time lead but I'm old enough and adult enough not to need the back-patting message saying "nice work...blah blah. It's like, thanks for congratulating me for doing my job. 

Hmmm. Maybe if I back-patted my employees I could get them to work faster for less money. LOL! (kidding)

2 Likes

Whenever I use Backspace or Delete somewhere in a paragraph, my cursor still jump to the end! 

4 Likes

Same here!
I'm still having these same issues.
Not all the time but once in a while.
I'll go to delete a word and/or back space and then notice my cursor is at the very end of the message.

I've already done the clear cookies/cache and it doesn't help.
This seems to be an Etsy problem and just on the message text box.

This does not happen on the forums nor or any other site.

Using W11, Edge and a desktop.

And yet, @ampersay  posted last Wed this issue was resolved.

It's not resolved, it's better but it's not 100% fixed.

3 Likes

Same issue here.  It's really annoying...

1 Like

Same, same!  I am using chrome and cleared my cache.  This is a etsy issue.  Its a real pain.

2 Likes

Yes, it's happening again. Last week it was predictable and consistent but this time it's inconsistent. Sometimes when I delete a letter the cursor moves to the very end and sometimes it doesn't. My tech brother-in-law says it's much more difficult to resolve an issue that can't be duplicated consistently. Just like car repair.

1 Like

Yes I also found it happening quite randomly. However, it seems to me that it happens usually from the second time onwards when I reply to a message. The first time I press delete it's usually ok!

0 Likes

Having issues when typing Etsy messages, the Cursor jumps to another area & jumbles my words. This is Really Frustrating when trying to communicate with people. 

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Yes, the issues was posted as Resolved (although I can't find that Announcement now).  But some are still having trouble.  In this Thread as well (scroll towards the end).
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Error-In-Etsy-Customer-Messaging-Cursor-Jumps/m-p/138...

0 Likes

It is not resolved for me either!  Not even close.  I've had nothing but trouble for days.  As a matter of fact, there are several messaging issues that are unacceptable right now.  If you send a message from a new sale to a customer who has purchase from you in the past, the message disappears and pops to the thread from the previous sale.  How can we track messages when we have to go to two different places to see if we've sent something.  It's ridiculous!!

0 Likes

@HeartlandAwards Some good news. Etsy is addressing the problem with new order messages to repeat customers.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/UPDATE-Messages-appear-to-not-send-when-responding-fr...

0 Likes
StreetwoodDesign
Conversation Maker

um, that has nothing to do with the cursor issue, and beyond that, it doesn't even make sense from the start of the read. "Messages sent to Buyers via the Order page aren't being sent. Please know that these Messages are actually being sent, they're just appearing in an older Message thread." ok, so shouldn't I be getting them regardless if it's a new or older thread? Good grief. well, I'm not. Not to my email, not all the time anyway. The announcement doesn't make a lick of sense. I really would like to do the happy dance and be excited, but I'm struggling with this one.

0 Likes

I'm sorry.  I know it didn't have anything to do with the curser issue, but I was still having a lot of issues with the cursor problem and decided to expand on one of the other problems I was having with the messaging system. They all started happening at the same time, so I feel it's kind of related.  I'm on a PC, and when I message a "repeat" customer from the "sold orders" page, when I hit send, the message literally disappears from the page.  Then, if I go to the message page, it's there under an older thread from the customer's previous order.  If you don't have a lot of repeat customers I completely understand why it doesn't make sense. But trust me, if you do have a lot of correspondence with repeat customers (as I do) it's a very laborious annoying problem.  But again, I'm sorry...  I know it wasn't the right subject.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@HeartlandAwards 

Please don't feel badly.  The problem you stated came about around the same time as the cursor jumping issue. (May or may not be related, who knows).

(I've Bookmarked the following Thread re: what you are referring to.  There are other Threads on this as well.)
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Messages-to-buyers-are-attaching-to-old-threads-and-n...

I was surprised to see the cursor jumping problem marked Resolved, yet people are still having trouble.  Along with this Messaging thing in the Thread I gave you.  Yeah; 2 separate things but came about around the same time.

1 Like

@HeartlandAwards @ChillwolfArt 

I think I added to the confusion, my apologies.
I suspect both problems were caused by the new star seller software to "introduce a new-and-improved Messages experience that will start to combine messages from the same buyer.", from this announcement
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/Updates-to-the-Star-Seller-Program/m-p/138636090#M1722

@StreetwoodDesign I agree that the wording is confusing in the technical issues post. It makes me wonder what the additional "updates to this experience so it's clearer that Messages are being successfully sent" will be.

And I just saw a new thread reporting that no messages to buyers are going through, (not just the repeat buyer ones).
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Message-to-buyers-not-going-through/m-p/139022813#M71...

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.