artdi
Crafty Poster

My sale is supposedly live but this is not reflected in my listings. Does it take a while to kick in

My sale is supposedly live but this is not reflected in my listings. Does it take a while to kick in?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
19 Replies
nineteen27
Community Maker

Re: My sale is supposedly live but this is not reflected in my listings. Does it take a while to kic

there is always a time associated with it.

if you go back and look.

do you see the time it is supposed to start?

edited to add: it is working now : )

0 Likes
Kamioji
Inspiration Seeker

Re: My sale is supposedly live but this is not reflected in my listings. Does it take a while to kic

I'm having this issue today too - it's usually live immediately. Showing normal price in search and on my store front, but is discounted once I click on an item. Another bug I'm guessing.

0 Likes
artdi
Crafty Poster

I don't like the fact that you can't see the discounted price until you click. Is this something new or just a bug? So frustrated!

0 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

that is definitely a bug.

0 Likes
artdi
Crafty Poster

Yep and it was to start 22 minutes ago.

0 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

oh.

the sale prices are being shown now.

0 Likes

@artdi @Kamioji 

I see it exactly as you say. Both your shops now have an On Sale section but when I go there the full item prices are displayed. I only see the discounted price once I click on an item. Not Good.

Edited to add - oops, it just fixed itself in @artdi shop but not yet in @Kamioji shop.

0 Likes
Kamioji
Inspiration Seeker

That's interesting, I still can't see OP's listings on sale

1 Like

@Kamioji Have you tried clicking on the On sale section? Only 66 of 191 items are on sale.

Your shop is still not showing the sale prices. When I click on a listing it shows the sale price & "25% off sale for the next 22 hours."
Did you start your sale about 2 hours ago for a single day?

Edited to add - Just for clarification,  the Etsy sale dates go by your shop's local time and it is currently 1:57am on February 21 in the UK.

0 Likes
Kamioji
Inspiration Seeker

Looks like things are working now!

1 Like

@Kamioji Yes, I see it too. Hooray!

But - the system should not have created the On sale section until the sale was fully working, imo.

1 Like
TBQSC
Community Maker

@artdi I see you have 66 items in your "on sale" shop category and you can see the sale prices right on your home page.

@Kamioji I see you have 218 items in your "on sale" shop category ... you probably cannot see the sale prices on your home page because you have too many various sales running at the same time (10%, 25%, etc.).

0 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

the sale prices just started being shown in artdi's shop.

25 minutes after the sale started.

0 Likes

@artdi: "Does it take a while to kick in?" Due to server side caching, any updates (including sales) may take some time before they appear to the user on pages such as your shop home page. Unless something has changed recently, the listing itself should show the updates rather quickly (presuming the change is not stuck in a processing queue).

0 Likes
Kamioji
Inspiration Seeker

I did have a notification on my dashboard when I logged in earlier, saying something about sales and abandoned carts. It's gone now, and I can't remember exactly what it said; wonder if it's related and they're updating something..

0 Likes
UptownYvette
Conversation Maker

I can see that you have selected items on sale.  By the way, I LOVE your shop!  It has always been one of my favorites on Etsy.

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Oh. Have you seen your other thread?

0 Likes

I'm having the same issue.  I posted an item 30 minutes ago and featured it.  I can click on the picture under Featured, but it then says unavailable in my region.  Weird !!  

0 Likes

@artdi @I see your on sale section, but I still have to click on the item to see the sale price. Why did Etsy change that? 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.