PinkSoirees
Inspiration Seeker

My Listings are being deactivated when they come over from Printify

Jump to solution

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else is finding their listings are being deactivated for violating the Handmade Policy when you bring them over from Printify? When I publish them, they immediately go into the deactivated section before I even have a chance to add my production partner. Usually they come over and I finish them no problem. Now they just go immediately into the deactivated section. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: My Listings are being deactivated when they come over from Printify

Jump to solution

Are you listing them as Made by Someone Else and Made to Order? Then listing Printify as your production partner? They aren't Handmade by You, so they can't go in the Handmade category.

Set them to Hidden on Printify, then they will go into your Draft folder so you have a chance to check them over before they go live. You need to fill in your tags, too, before you make them live or no one will be able to find them.

Are your mockups of the actual product you are selling? Not on a Bella t-shirt if you are using a Gilden t-shirt, for example.

If you are using Canva, Creative Fabrica, Kettel, etc, are you modifying the images in some way? Not just using an image "as is" without doing something to make it your own original design? If a lot of people are using the exact same image, they will get flagged.

View solution in original post

3 Likes
7 Replies

Jump to solution

Some people have had issues with their mockups not adhering to what is allowed under the handmade policy. That's where I would start investigating. 

2 Likes
PinkSoirees
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thanks for your suggestion. I appreciate it.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I wonder if their newish "duplicate photo bot" sees them as duplicate content elsewhere online as many use the same mock ups?

3 Likes
PinkSoirees
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate it.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Are you creating the image that's on the items from Printify?  If you're using graphics from Printify, Canva, Creative Fabrica, etc that could be why. Etsy knows your item isn't handmade if it recognizes the graphic. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Are you listing them as Made by Someone Else and Made to Order? Then listing Printify as your production partner? They aren't Handmade by You, so they can't go in the Handmade category.

Set them to Hidden on Printify, then they will go into your Draft folder so you have a chance to check them over before they go live. You need to fill in your tags, too, before you make them live or no one will be able to find them.

Are your mockups of the actual product you are selling? Not on a Bella t-shirt if you are using a Gilden t-shirt, for example.

If you are using Canva, Creative Fabrica, Kettel, etc, are you modifying the images in some way? Not just using an image "as is" without doing something to make it your own original design? If a lot of people are using the exact same image, they will get flagged.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@PinkSoirees: The bots seem to check when a listing is created, renewed and / or edited. At least some of the items in your shop appear to not be YOUR original artwork but rather that you are reselling or at least using other people's art. If the bot is coming to the same conclusion, that would explain why your "listings are being deactivated for violating the Handmade Policy"

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.