MIAtoppersuk
Inspiration Seeker

Message response rate down due to technical error (Messages going to spam folder)

Jump to solution

I have messaged Etsy so many times about this issue, now i am being ignored.

I was told two weeks ago they were working on the issue and would get back to me. I want my message rating back to 100% as it has always been. This is an Etsy technical error so they should amend the ratings of those that are affected by this.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
24 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Message response rate down due to technical error (Messages going to spam folder)

Jump to solution

My message response rate has gone down too because I answered a message from my Spam folder, which had been in there for over 24 hours. Didn't we receive an email saying that this wasn't going to affect our reply rate? I have emailed Etsy so just waiting to see what their response is.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MIAtoppersuk
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Message response rate down due to technical error (Messages going to spam folder)

Jump to solution

I have just messaged them again, they keep saying only the tech tech team can make changes and they will contact them. Same thing they have been saying for two weeks now.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@RoundRobinCards  I answered a message from my Spam folder, which had been in there for over 24 hours.

Did you move the message out of spam?

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@MIAtoppersuk 

Mark the message as spam again.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

This happened to me. I had 100 percent message rating and now I have 75 due to the only message I had recieved that was in spam and it was not spam. I replied back to the message in spam and moved it to my inbox which caused my ratings to go from 100 to 75.  I have sent Etsy help numerous help request and I got 1 canned response which didnot mention my message issue and I have been ignored since. No reply back though I have an open ticket. They obviously don't care about fixing the problem and refuse to acknowledge the message rating issue and won't reply back.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@TheMagickalNeedle 

It can take weeks for Etsy to fix it.

You can restore your message response rate by moving the message back to spam now. You can still reply from the spam folder.

Make it a habit to monitor your spam folder daily.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@dippeldiundscribble  thank you. I just did that. I hope it works

1 Like

Jump to solution

I did move it out of Spam but have moved it back now. Thanks @dippeldiundscribble 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@dippeldiundscribble  Thank you Thank you. I took your suggestion and moved it back to spam and now my message rating is back to 100 percent. Thank you again!! It would of been wonderful if Etsy shared that advice. 

2 Likes
MIAtoppersuk
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Hello, so i should put the message i replied to back in the spam folder? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes. It worked for me - my message response rate has now gone back up!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Its ridiculous, Just happened to me this week. Was a genuine message  as well. I answered it  too late. Anyway have now put back into spam. 
Whatever happened to Etsy promising better customer service for sellers?

1 Like
MIAtoppersuk
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Let's see if it changes tomorrow thanks for the advice. I think they are ignoring me now every time i go on chat an agent doesn't come online.

I think Etsy needs to support sellers a lot better than it does especially from certain buyers!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It worked for me putting it back to spam after 24 hours. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Really? I moved mine back to spam and it didn't correct it.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Don't get your hopes up. It didn't work for me.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I believe it's simply gone.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It didn't work for me.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I've actually given up entirely and am totally depressed. It's like Etsy is responding with bots. Their messages make no sense and accomplish nothing. The last message I received told me that my Star Seller Badge was removed because my response rate didn't meet their target. Yeah, because of 2 spam messages! My partner suggested to me that the only control I have is to try not to care. I'm working on that but am not there yet. I worked hard for that badge and have lost it over something I didn't do. It's so unfair but I'm just howling at the moon apparently.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I've received every version of their cut-and-paste response to this mistake Etsy is making, but no help whatsoever. I went from a 100% response rating to 85% over night because of 2 spam messages. I moved them back into the spam folder as everyone has suggested but it didn't work for my shop. I worked hard for my Star Seller Badge. To lose it over something I didn't do and then to not be heard by Etsy is discouraging beyond belief. I've given up and am pretty depressed about it all. I guess I have to accept that Etsy can rip away our hard work for no fault of our own and then just not care to correct their error. Going forward I'll just work at creating and taking good care of my customers. Being a Star Seller has become meaningless since it can be gone in a puff of smoke overnight.

1 Like

Jump to solution
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Before you chat with them you might want to get rid of all the Taylor Swift items and any other famous people.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@SouthwestJewelryUS: "I moved mine back to spam and it didn't correct it." How long ago did you move it? Star Seller stats seem to be updated only once per day.

1 Like
MIAtoppersuk
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

It worked for me it is now back to 100% thank you all for your help.

1 Like
25 Replies

Jump to solution

My message response rate has gone down too because I answered a message from my Spam folder, which had been in there for over 24 hours. Didn't we receive an email saying that this wasn't going to affect our reply rate? I have emailed Etsy so just waiting to see what their response is.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@RoundRobinCards  I answered a message from my Spam folder, which had been in there for over 24 hours.

Did you move the message out of spam?

2 Likes
MIAtoppersuk
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have just messaged them again, they keep saying only the tech tech team can make changes and they will contact them. Same thing they have been saying for two weeks now.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@MIAtoppersuk 

Mark the message as spam again.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

I've actually given up entirely and am totally depressed. It's like Etsy is responding with bots. Their messages make no sense and accomplish nothing. The last message I received told me that my Star Seller Badge was removed because my response rate didn't meet their target. Yeah, because of 2 spam messages! My partner suggested to me that the only control I have is to try not to care. I'm working on that but am not there yet. I worked hard for that badge and have lost it over something I didn't do. It's so unfair but I'm just howling at the moon apparently.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This happened to me. I had 100 percent message rating and now I have 75 due to the only message I had recieved that was in spam and it was not spam. I replied back to the message in spam and moved it to my inbox which caused my ratings to go from 100 to 75.  I have sent Etsy help numerous help request and I got 1 canned response which didnot mention my message issue and I have been ignored since. No reply back though I have an open ticket. They obviously don't care about fixing the problem and refuse to acknowledge the message rating issue and won't reply back.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@TheMagickalNeedle 

It can take weeks for Etsy to fix it.

You can restore your message response rate by moving the message back to spam now. You can still reply from the spam folder.

Make it a habit to monitor your spam folder daily.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@dippeldiundscribble  thank you. I just did that. I hope it works

1 Like

Jump to solution

I did move it out of Spam but have moved it back now. Thanks @dippeldiundscribble 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It didn't work for me.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@dippeldiundscribble  Thank you Thank you. I took your suggestion and moved it back to spam and now my message rating is back to 100 percent. Thank you again!! It would of been wonderful if Etsy shared that advice. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Really? I moved mine back to spam and it didn't correct it.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@SouthwestJewelryUS: "I moved mine back to spam and it didn't correct it." How long ago did you move it? Star Seller stats seem to be updated only once per day.

1 Like
MIAtoppersuk
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Hello, so i should put the message i replied to back in the spam folder? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes. It worked for me - my message response rate has now gone back up!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Don't get your hopes up. It didn't work for me.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Its ridiculous, Just happened to me this week. Was a genuine message  as well. I answered it  too late. Anyway have now put back into spam. 
Whatever happened to Etsy promising better customer service for sellers?

1 Like

Jump to solution

I believe it's simply gone.

0 Likes
MIAtoppersuk
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Let's see if it changes tomorrow thanks for the advice. I think they are ignoring me now every time i go on chat an agent doesn't come online.

I think Etsy needs to support sellers a lot better than it does especially from certain buyers!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It worked for me putting it back to spam after 24 hours. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Before you chat with them you might want to get rid of all the Taylor Swift items and any other famous people.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I've received every version of their cut-and-paste response to this mistake Etsy is making, but no help whatsoever. I went from a 100% response rating to 85% over night because of 2 spam messages. I moved them back into the spam folder as everyone has suggested but it didn't work for my shop. I worked hard for my Star Seller Badge. To lose it over something I didn't do and then to not be heard by Etsy is discouraging beyond belief. I've given up and am pretty depressed about it all. I guess I have to accept that Etsy can rip away our hard work for no fault of our own and then just not care to correct their error. Going forward I'll just work at creating and taking good care of my customers. Being a Star Seller has become meaningless since it can be gone in a puff of smoke overnight.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@SouthwestJewelryUS 

The difference between your case and the cases in this thread is that you had already lost your Star Seller badge.

The suggested method will not help you to regain your lost Star Seller badge, but it will help you not to lose it.

Provided the specific message is moved back to the spam folder in time. You must allow 24-48 hours for the stats to adjust.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.