So I now have an orange dot with the number "71" where my orders used to be. Is anyone else getting this???

These are convos in my messenger all lit up in orange like they're new and I haven't responded to them (in reality they have all been responded to).

Is it possible to opt out of the test cos it's giving me anxiety?

Re: Message board test. Please Etsy make it stop!!!!

Jump to solution

Whooo, boy. Now I have "messages" (all of the messages I've ever gotten) and "messenger" (messages from the last month or two). And no explanation as to the difference. And at first all of the "messenger" messages were marked unread. After I marked them read, I still had an orange 4 indicating 4 unread messages. Now that's gone. Who the hell knows what they're doing. Hold on; it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes

Jump to solution

Hate this just another aggravating thing to content with. Stop Etsy

3 Likes

Jump to solution

same so crazy-I have no clue what this "messenger" thing is but it is duplicates of my messages with customers some have the orange button added like everyone is saying. I can't even view the link that says "see what's changed" or "share feedback" it says access denied. What is messenger here on Etsy?

7 Likes

Jump to solution

I only had 3, lucky for me I rarely get messages. I have to  say though that I don't like the new layout. Where are my folders?

1 Like
AppleCatDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Can they get anymore STUPID than this? Cut it out.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy needs to stop these stupid changes that just make things more difficult for the sellers.

4 Likes
decotini
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Same here...same confusion...same questions....same anxiety. I agree, make it stop.

5 Likes

Jump to solution

Oh my goodness, all of my messages are replied to. I have had a 100% reply rate since the begining of Star Seller.

Now its showing that I have 111 messages that are unread!

When I click on the leave feedback, or see whats new button... it takes me to google docs and then says I don't have permission to view, what is going on??

8 Likes

Jump to solution

I have the exact same thing. I just clicked through the messages on the "messenger" test to show read. It appears they have placeholders for orders, favorites etc. Definitely a test. A bit annoying.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It's the end of the month, people have money, people are buying and I'm far too busy to play about with Etsy's latest torture for sellers. I don't have 64 outstanding messages but thanks for the alarming orange dot! The handy messangers' order history is a blank and I can't see 'what's new' or leave feedback because I don't have permission!!!! Wouldn't it just be lovely if Etsy rolled out something that already worked and didn't expect hard pressed sellers to sort out all the bugs and glitches?

4 Likes

Jump to solution

i only over 700 and something and i've read one, from a recent order, the rest can stay

0 Likes
ReginaldSpleen
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Can't give feedback without signing into Google!!! Nope!

9 Likes

Jump to solution

I see your frustration!  Aren't you already logged into Etsy?!  Google must aggregate data better than they can.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

These people are over paid and have way too much time on their hands. They no nothing about being a seller. Etsy needs to stop these stupid changes that just make things more difficult for the sellers.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Soooo annoying! I was stunned to see 108 messages (I thought!) Clicked on the orange dots until it would no longer allow me to do all...34 left. What the heck is the purpose of this? 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

There is no purpose. Some computer nerd who knows nothing about selling, sitting at a desk killing time and trying to make brownie point for the boss.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

I agree with CuteButton.  It looks like they are working on how Admin can combine messages from one customer for the Star Seller thing so that we don't have to answer multiple redundant or unimportant messages to keep Star Stellar status.  Hope they figure it out soon.  So frustrating though, especially when they ask for feedback on this in-progress annoyance, and make it impossible to offer any.  Ugh.

3 Likes
NostalgieCT
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

When I read aloud the titles of the multiplying threads about Etsy's new Messenger program, beta test, whatever, my husband quipped that this might be a distraction from the usual Star Seller chaos at the beginning of June tomorrow. LOL!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Me too. OMG, all old already answered messages. No!

0 Likes
Sassydoggs
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I have been gone and my shop on vacation for 12 days, and come home to this.  I click on the number and it tells me to find out more by signing in to Google.  I am so tired of having to sign in to those other accounts!  Why can't we just have simple and easy?  I also got messages on my facebook from Instagram users, and was afraid to click on those.  My FB friend told me that FB is integrating with Instagram.  I thought she was hacked when I got a new messenger request. Please keep Etsy easy to use!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy this sucks big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Arrrggghh!

End of the month, I don't have time for this (expletive deleted) - make it stop!

I have 36 orange messages that I've already (expletive deleted) read!

The "click to give feedback" button doesn't work, either, takes me to a broken form.

I showed the whole mess to my partner (his job is designing websites) and he hasn't stopped laughing yet!

3 Likes

Jump to solution

This seems like we are either being funneled to a new system or victims of the Department of Redundancy Department.

My store icon showed 7.  After opening the new Messenger tab, there was only about a month's worth of correspondence.  Only convos that I had the last word in were highlighted as new.  Nope, I'll pass on more silly changes, thanks!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I had 49. Part of what was showing was messages I SENT- like updating ship by date or sending info on the photos for lockets. So those are showing as "unread" on my end but I sent those messages and there were no replies so makes no sense? I went in and clicked on all 49 to remove the dots, but I have better things to do. I HOPE this is not how the new messages for Star Seller is going to be seen as it's very very confusing. 

1 Like
TheInkyDeer
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

This is such an unnecessary test!  The glitchy messenger interface made it appear as though messages have not been responded to (when they have), and we can't clear the orange dots because we can't see all past messages.. So confusing for sellers.  Also, really disappointing because I got all excited thinking the notifications were sales  : ( Luckily mine has reverted to the old interface just now- hopefully it stays that way.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.