So, I have been VERY meticulous about getting to messages within 15-30 minutes.  Usually this is on the phone app.  However, the other day I noticed that there was a message in my Spam folder.  I looked and it was a customer reaching out about a product.  I replied as soon as I saw it and then moved it out of my spam folder.  I have never deleted a message or moved it to another folder... Didn't even know you could do that.

Now my message response rate is 93% and the chat bot was no help.  Basically told me there was no evidence.  I've been SO crazy about emailing back and having the best customer service possible.  Come on ETSY!

Re: Message automatically sent to spam effected my score

@BlackMarketChicago  - At times I have a habit of letting my mind wander, mixing real questions with rhetorical ones &/or musings.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Just lost my star seller. Same crap, I answer every message quickly. Have 100% on other categories 

0 Likes

This has happened to me twice now, from potential customers.

0 Likes

Has anyone received a Help Request message since this glitch appeared?
Was is kept separate from any other message thread you may have had with the buyer?
Was the help request flagged in the usual way? 
Did it go to the "regular" folder/inbox? Or heaven forbid, was it sent to the spam folder?

0 Likes

@JMOldeVintageI had a help request on March 9th and everything seemed normal at the time for me.

1 Like

I too just saw a 4 DAY OLD message in spam, via my desktop Etsy page. Only happened on it, because noticed wasn't seeing a known message thread from an  email alert in my etsy dashboard message center. AND, there is literally NO spam folder visible at all in the phone app for me or my husband. Just "messages" tab. Literally not visible, non existent. Stupid. 

0 Likes

Adding to my own post above...this issue has probably lost me a $700 sale. Thanks a bunch, Etsy.

0 Likes

That is such a bummer.  It's so frustrating.

0 Likes

Awwww, I just got a email message from Etsy titled "Let's get you back on track for Star Seller".  I was almost hopeful that they were contacting me to say they've fixed the issue and giving me back my Star Seller status since it was their glitch... Nope, just salt in the wound... it was actually them giving me advice on how to do better.  Thanks Etsy, gee I had no idea I only have to answer messages on time in order to get the 'Speedy Replies' badge... MIND BLOWN!  (Sorry, my frustration as triggered sarcasm mode)

And, I hate the idea of turning auto-reply messages on when I'm not actually way. this just ends up being extra noise that the customer needs to read. it's great when you actually cannot respond in the next 12-24 hours but it's dumb when you know you will be messaging them back in the next 10-15 minutes.

5 Likes

Same! I had like 6 potential customers get marked as spam, one of which would have been a massive order. So not only has it now affected my star seller and response rate, I lost out on a grand or so worth of sales!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.