Manual renew doesn't work

I have set all of my items to manual renew at least four times now.  However, each time I renew, the button for auto-renew is checked.  So, whatever change I am making to all of my items isn't "sticking".  I'm calling this a bug because I am doing everything right and it's not changing to manual renew.

Anyone else having this issue?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: Manual renew doesn't work

@NightOwlMemories: If you are renewing from the Expired tab of the Listings Page, at the bottom of the popup is a check box (always checked by default) to confirm that that you want to make the listing Auto-Renew. It needs to be unchecked for Manual Renew.

3 Likes

I had never spotted that. Thanks for this

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

"... each time I renew, the button for auto-renew is checked."

That's how Etsy has programmed it to work.  If you have let the item expire, then when you renew it reverts back to auto.

I don't have the problem with renewing sold, or when renewing the listing before it expires.

1 Like

I haven't encountered that issue but since you're a star seller, you get to chat/have them call you back.  Hope you get this fixed.  

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

@NightOwlMemories 

As @BagmakerSupply  says above.  Contactin Etsy won't change anything as that is how they programmed it to work.

If, from the expired listings page, you click into each listing and hit renew on the bottom right it will not change/default to auto renew.  This is not a practical solution if you have a lot of listings to renew, but works very well for just a few listings.

2 Likes

Well, it's stupid.  When I unclick it, there's a message that says you can fix this in Listings.  If this is how it's programmed, then that is just dumb.  And...sneaky on Etsy's part...hoping we won't see it and they get extra money.

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

I renew from my listings page, on the day the listing is set to expire, and they never revert to auto.

If I have let something expire, like something seasonal that I don't want in the shop all year, and then renew from expired, that is when it reverts to auto renew.

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

@NightOwlMemories  Have you tried to check all of them on the listing page with the editing options button?

It's there where it says   Renew    Deactivate   Delete    Editing Options - dropdown includes change renewal options 

click the little arrow to do all of them

1 Like

Yes, Lynn.  It just reverts back.  I will just have to unclick it every time, I guess.

0 Likes

@NightOwlMemories: All of our listings are set to Manual Renew but if you renew from the expired tab it always defaults to the check box being checked. Have never been able to find a setting to override that behavior.

0 Likes

New listings and expired listings will default to 'auto' every single time. You have to untick the box. Every. Single. Time.

1 Like
SewlyButtons
Conversation Maker

I have all of mine set to manual renew also... and half of them I don't renew, I just list them elsewhere. BUT, I have found an easy workaround where etsy does NOT change the renewal setting on anything I renew to auto-renew. Here's how:

When you go to your expired listings, instead of clicking on RENEW, click on EDIT instead. Once the listing comes up (ostensibly for editing) simply click on RENEW at the bottom. No need to make any changes... and etsy doesn't muck with the renew settings when you do it this way (so you don't have to remember to undo what etsy changes).

It's a shame we have to figure out ways to beat etsy at their games... but at least this method wins this game (until they close this loophole)

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.