Managing Advertised Listings Page New Setup

It's been about 48 hours since I noticed that Etsy changed the setup on their Adverstised Listings page. Not quite a fan at the moment. I can't seem to find where to find today's clicks and what listings those clicks are on. I go to to "Filters" to make sure I click on just "Today" and it's still just pulling all-time info. I thought maybe it was just a glitch since they released this new setup and thought it may be fixed by now, but now I'm not so sure. Is anyone else having issues with this or can tell me what I'm not seeing? Thanks!

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
8 Likes
19 Replies
CultureIsI
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Managing Advertised Listings Page New Setup

I too am having the same issue - filtering for today gives me the cumulative data - even after correct filtering.  Previously, I was able to determine on a daily basis, customer engagement by product.  This provided insight into which products to promote.  The current data pull would require me to do the numbers, myself.  It is rather humorous that I was polled as to my opinion about the new setup before even utilizing.  Also, my views have plummeted.   I suppose it is time to discontinue advertising until the glitches are corrected.

6 Likes

Yes, same here! It's been frustrating. I even tried to contact them but I literally sat there like all day for a response and no one actually got to me. It's making me not even want to use ads anymore because I can't tell how much it's actually spending or like what is spending more or what. I feel like Esty continually gets worse. I'm trying my best to stick it out, because my shop is slowly growing, but sometimes it really doesn't feel worth it.

4 Likes
CultureIsI
Inspiration Seeker

I can determine the daily spend - but not on what.  The Etsy Ad Performance Page allows for filtering.  Oddly, my Shop Dashboard shows 0 visits and 0 views, however, the Performance Page shows 1 click and the cost.  Go figure.

1 Like

It's normal for the dashboard to be out of synch with clicks on listings. I find the daily dashboard is most reliable mid-morning the following day.

0 Likes

Hello folks....I am new on etsy from India. Shops name is Funkycreations. Even I don't know what is happening. I have been spending a dollar a day on listings...but no orders as yet. Is it possible or this is a technical glitch

0 Likes

It's likely because the shops you're "in competition" with is paying more for ads. If you up your ad spend you'll likely get more sales. If not you may need to change tags or update the pictures.

1 Like

I will turn ads off because I can´t even see the search terms that led to the add.

2 Likes

Ads today clicks definitely not populating under correct filters. Not on mobile or laptop. 

3 Likes

@FunkycornerCreations: You may misunderstand how ads work. First, your listing must rank high enough to be seen for the search query, ad or no ad. In very simple terms, consider the ad a tie breaker between two listings of the same ranking. But because of how many listings with ads might qualify for display, there is no guarantee that your listing will be the one shown.

1 Like

Right. I can see my listings. But the same product is showing 2 prices. I don't know what happened. How will the buyers believe in my shop? 

0 Likes

Yes, this new ad setup is not working properly.  (Marketing-> Etsy Ads -> Manage Advertising Listings -> FIlter by Date).  I contacted Etsy Support,and received an email that "At this time, we do not have a timeline for when this issue will be resolved but please know that we prioritize issues based on the impact on our members."

This impacts me - and if it impacts you, suggest you let them know so that it's higher in their priority queue.

9 Likes

I'm happy they were able to get to you. I may have to try again in the next couple of days if it's not fixed. It's definitely making things very confusing and difficult.

1 Like
Scindarella
Inspiration Seeker

Ich habe das selbe Problem

Werde auch versuchen Etsy zu kontaktieren damit sie wissen dass das Problem bei anderen auch besteht.

0 Likes

I have also reported this issue to Etsy via chat, but haven't received an email response.

1 Like
MsMirageTr
Inspiration Seeker

It was very good before, I want it back to the old interface again. Even if I choose a date for the products I advertise, it shows all-time statistics and it is necessary to enter the product. This is unnecessarily long. I hope it fixes.

5 Likes
Seraparat
Inspiration Seeker

Yes, this situation was not very useful. 

2 Likes

Yes it was giving me a lot of trouble trying to change which listings I want active for ads as well.

3 Likes

Yes - experiencing the same issues on my side.  Frustrating since I can't make informed decisions or gather insights.

2 Likes
PinkCabinWreaths
Inspiration Seeker

I also am having problems, I see now a LOT (the whole site I'm assuming) of people are having the same issue. I contacted Etsy help from the chat line last week and let them know something was going on and of course no one could give me answer. Anyways, I also told them about the date issue as well. If you have not noticed it goes a day in advance. I know this is off topic but have yall noticed on your (dashboard > View all traffic details > Etsy Ads) does not show the same "clicks(that is when it was working right)" as on the "Etsy Ads" detailed traffic. Why is this number different?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.