Wires Crossed

Jump to solution

This is truly bizarre and isn't exactly about managing my shop, but my friend's Etsy account has suddenly morphed into mine. He's a buyer, not a seller. We live in the same household and suddenly his favorites have turned into mine and his have disappeared. When we tried to retrieve his password in the hopes of resetting everything, the email was sent to my email instead of his. I'm getting emails about his favorites and he's getting emails about mine. What's up and how do we resolve this? Please help. He's going nuts because he's trying to buy something but his account is all messed up.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Wires Crossed

Jump to solution

@SouthwestJewelryUS  - try using chat on your dashboard if it's available.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks. The chat helped and the account is restored.

View solution in original post

2 Likes
17 Replies
LandKbeads
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Etsy Admin do read posts in the forums but they will not help you here.

You MUST open a support ticket. Go to the help page: https://help.etsy.com

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks, but I tried Etsy help before writing to the Forum. I'm not finding a contact form at all, just frequently asked questions that don't fit this situation at all. How do I open a support ticket?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

To contact Etsy, go to your shop manager page, click on Community & Help, and then choose Contact us. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks, but that is only taking me to the same frequently asked questions with no option to write to Etsy.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You have to keep clicking on options, even if they don't seem to fit your specific problem. Just get as close as you can. It will probably take a few tries, but eventually you should get to a page that has an "I still need help" link at the bottom. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

While not exactly the same, I am experiencing a similar issue. About 4-5 days ago I started getting notifications for orders of items I don't sell, messages from customers that weren't mine etc. Each notification is like "Cha Ching! Xxx ordered X item from NotMyShopName". I reached out to the specific shop and the owner replied saying he's also getting notifications for my orders and customer messages. Meanwhile I have been noticing my messages opened / marked read before I even see them so I think it must be related. Neither of us are logged into each others accounts and I have no suspicious logins, so it's really bizarre and concerning. I have not heard back from Etsy support besides a few unrelated canned replies on how to update my settings and push notification preferences. It seems like a complex programming issue and I have not been able to reach the right department.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Wow. That is similar but sounds even worse. I haven't even found a contact form in which to reach out to Etsy. Like you, my friend and I are not logged into each other's accounts and I have no suspicious logins either. Too bizarre and, yes, concerning.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Let me know if you have any luck with a helpful reply from Etsy. I have not had any luck after 4 days of trying Twitter, chat, phone, email and the forums here.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi Claire--You've tried the Chat option? I just did that and was helped by a caring customer service rep. I would try the chat again. Cut and paste what you wrote in the Forum and put it into the chat. This rep is reaching out to her team to look into what happened. But in the meantime my friend's account seems to be restored. I don't know if we're out of the woods yet but it seems solved. Good luck with your issue. It sounds horrific!

0 Likes
LandKbeads
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@secondarycreations  Same problem as OPs reply to me.

@SouthwestJewelryUS  Sorry, I have no idea because Etsy apparently does not want help any of us. Maybe have the other person try because Etsy seems to be more helpful to customers.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

He tried reaching out to Etsy as a customer and received the same unhelpful frequently asked questions--so no extra help for customers either.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You have to keep clicking on options, even if they don't seem to fit your specific problem. Just get as close as you can. It will probably take a few tries, but eventually you should get to a page that has an "I still need help" link at the bottom. 

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@SouthwestJewelryUS  - try using chat on your dashboard if it's available.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Ah, thanks. Yes, it's available. I'll try that after I feed my doggos who have been patiently waiting as I've tried to solve this.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks for helping me know where to access the chat option. I spoke with a helpful person who is further reaching out to her team. HOWEVER while I was doing all this, somehow my friend's account was restored. Very weird. But grateful it seems to have fixed itself with a little poking from my friend.

1 Like

Jump to solution

If chat does not work for you, try this link to get a callback:   https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_sell_manage_listings-callback

Sometimes when getting nowhere with one method, another will work. @ClaireNilanArt , did you attempt the callback that I linked in the other post?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks. The chat helped and the account is restored.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.