Lost my Star Seller Badge do to a SELLER message coming in my shop instead of my personal account!

Jump to solution

I work hard to get to Star Seller and some seller asks me if I got my package wanting a review! I do not have time for that! I answer my customer messages. They are my business and what I should get graded on, not a seller asking for a review! That is not fair! That is not right! I do not consent! I am protesting my degraded response percentage from 100% to 67% just because I don't answer a seller wanting a review! That is my right to want a review and a returned status to 100%! Thank you very much!

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Lost my Star Seller Badge do to a SELLER message coming in my shop instead of my personal accoun

Jump to solution

You have to reply to each new message thread, they are highlighted in blue, so you can't miss them

you can reply with an emoji, or "thanks", but you have to reply, as etsy isn't going to read through millions of messages a day, to see if it's about a purchase, or possible sale.

or - set up a separate account for your personal purchases, and don't mix them up with your business.

or buy as gueat

Your choice

View solution in original post

1 Like
12 Replies

Re: Lost my Star Seller Badge do to a SELLER message coming in my shop instead of my personal accoun

Jump to solution

Read the rules on your Star Seller Dashboard. ALL initial messages count. Etsy will not review or change your rating, regardless of your opinion.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You have to reply to each new message thread, they are highlighted in blue, so you can't miss them

you can reply with an emoji, or "thanks", but you have to reply, as etsy isn't going to read through millions of messages a day, to see if it's about a purchase, or possible sale.

or - set up a separate account for your personal purchases, and don't mix them up with your business.

or buy as gueat

Your choice

1 Like

Jump to solution

There is no difference between a seller account and a personal account. It's been an Etsy rule that ALL messages must be answered to get the SSB. 

https://www.etsy.com/starseller

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@BellaTreasuresByMT 

you set up a separate account for buying only, and don't open up a shop with it.

exactly the same way, as if you wanted 2 shops, but just don't open a shop, have it as your buying account.

the messages I get through my other account and shop, and everything else to do with star seller, have no impact on my star seller, for this shop

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I agree, that is really bad and a tough one to take.

However, I guess the point here is they cannot distinguish between who the message is being sent by and what it is about and for that reason they count all messages.

It's one of those live and learn moments.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You received a message and didn’t respond to it or send it to spam so you got dinged for it. The SS rules makes it clear that all messages must be responded to. If it makes you feel any better there are probably hundreds of threads on this so you aren’t the first to make this mistake. You might be the first post I’ve seen today but it’s early for me so I know there will be more. 

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@CrystalCavernsShop your post is not a technical issue. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

It's ok, I vented and I am over it!🥰

1 Like
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

If you don't want your purchases to mess up your SS ratings, you have a few choices.

• Create some snippets along the lines of "thank you" or "answered in previous message", so you can send quick responses in a few clicks.
  • Setup Autoreply to respond within the 24hrs, so you don't need to worry about the ones that don't need an answer.  You have to reset it every five days.
  • Open a separate account just for buying so that all your purchasing activity will be on that account and won't interfere with your SS ratings.

Etsy doesn't read your messages so they have no way of knowing who the message is from or what it is about.  You have to answer ALL new messages with 24 hrs, or mark them as spam if the shoe fits.  Fairness doesn't enter into it, either you meet the requirements or you don't, it is all up to you.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

"I do not have time for that."  If you didn't want to give a review, how long does it take to say "no"?

Hint:  A lot less time than it took for this post to be written.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Right there on your star seller page, where it's been for 18 months:

"Your message response rate is based on just the first message in a conversation, not ongoing conversations. This means you just need to respond to the first message within 24 hours. This applies to messages both from buyer and seller accounts. Messages from Etsy staff do not count toward your response rate, and neither do messages that you mark as spam. You can also now find a breakdown of your message response rate score by downloading a CSV."

1 Like

Jump to solution

It's ok, I vented and I am over it!🥰thanks for all the love

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.