For the past hour I have been unable to renew my listings. While it says it renews and charges the .20 USD renewal fee, the item itself does not renew. Anyone else having this issue?

Re: Listings will not renew but I am charged.

T=The charges will show up eventually. I was trying to bulk list like 10 things, and it charged me for 40. But only 10 every showed up in the shop. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
enchantedkingdom
Inspiration Seeker

Update:    I was charged again.   So I'm trying now to fix it.   Not that .20 is alot to worry about, but it's still not right to get charged twice to relist something once. 

1 Like

Oh ok ..well this makes some sense. I thought I was losing it.

Etsy, you owe me for about 17 duplicate relistings. 

1 Like

I'm having the same issue, but discovered the system is running very, very slow.  The first item I renewed just showed up in both the listings and on the payment page. 

1 Like

yes thanks even, you are right. The two I renewed 12 hours ago just renewed so I guess it is slow. More improvements I spose lol. I will hold off relisting until tomorrow

0 Likes

Just checked my stuff, triple renewed and charged 3 times for 17 or so listings.

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@BuyfromGroovy  I've been seeing quite a few Threads regarding this glitch.  With the amount of Sellers affected, their SHOULD be an Announcement about it. And there is not.

1 Like

@HighlandHeart - after accusing them of theft, I did get a "courtesy credit" on the overcharge last night that reset to to about where I started. 

But then, this morning, there was another set of 8 charges (all with referencing the same item numbers that had already been double charged yesterday). And so now I afraid it will keep happening and am afraid to do any listing at all.

I called support for a call back. I spent an hour trying to explain about the system problem but was repeatedly told the multiple charges were "my fault" for relisting so much or that it might be "my browser". 

I screenshot 7 pages of charges that showed all the multiple charges with the same listing numbers and I don't actually think the person every really understood me. When I asked to escalate, they still had no idea that it is Etsy's system changes that is the problem. The don't have a case number. They only say they will "pass it on" to another department.

No announcement at all even acknowledging the problem from Etsy and it appears to have been going on several days now from all the threads about it. I suppose there is no forum monitor here to monitor technical issues like this. This is people's  money, and it is a serious issue.

1 Like
LastCentury
Community Maker

@bastetsbeads I got a refund. 

I was annoyed, I requested a phone call, he made me wait on the phone while he went through the process.

I know, I sound cheap, but it was 26 cents + 4 cents HSTax worth of Canadian principle.

Is this how low etsy goes to make money now after the reduced payment reserve? Glitchy listing fees that many sellers wouldn't even notice or request refunds for?

0 Likes

I had this problem yesterday and tried at least 3 maybe 4 times to renew expired listings and none showed up in my shop or finances, which is why I kept trying. I gave up when I saw in the forum that others were experiencing this. This morning, I saw the items were in my shop and when I went to look at the charges, I was charged for all of the failed attempts too. Support did not provide any courtesy listing credits or refund.

0 Likes

@recycledideas - I would keep trying. 

Keywords I found are "escalate" and "system error" but I am sure you are also dealing with a language barrier as I was.

The credit was not offered when I called FWIW, I got that through chat last night. 

1 Like

@LastCentury - that is my fear too. That this will keep happening, and if you only do a few re-lists at a time, you may not notice. But it is really hard to not notice 40 extra charges on your account all at once....

0 Likes

I ran into this as well.  Thanks to the forums here, I learned that the renewal is likely to come through anyway - but not right away.  (Do not attempt to renew more than once, or you will be charged for more than one listing fee). 

The items I renewed last evening still showed as expired when I went to bed.  But this morning they were all properly listed as active.  It seems there is a buggy delay in the renewal actually showing. 

0 Likes

This is still happening. Been happening for 2-3 days. Hitting renew from the sold orders page (and in the listings manager) acts like it's renewing and displays the $0.20 charge. But when you reload the page the item is still listed as SOLD OUT. Even the financial summary section is delayed in posting the renewal. The only thing you can do is wait 5 minutes to see if it renewed properly. 

0 Likes

has anyone gotten resolution on these overcharges? 

0 Likes

I did, eventually  and a canned reply from tech support to list and wit for the charges to show. The problem is that the charges were NEVER showing until I actually figured out how to do a re-list that worked (had to go in and edit the expired listings one by one). Then when I posted that edit, ALL of the back charges showed up. But they actually didn't want to hear about that at all.

My best advice is DO NOT use the bulk re-list feature at all until someone finally admits there is a problem. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.