Listings not publishing after trying to edit them

What is going on??? For the past two days I've been trying to edit my listings, but when I press 'publish' then it takes like a minute for it to load and then gives me an error message saying something like 'uh oh, something went wrong, try again later.'  After a day, I figured I'd try it again, but with any listing, no matter what I try to change in the listing, I keep getting the same message. It's been a few days now and I'm getting impatient and frustrated!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
30 Replies

Re: Listings not publishing after trying to edit them

Groannnnn, all we need is yet another Etsy glitch along with the several we already got this week!  Sorry, just adding to your vent!

2 Likes
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

@Cinsidethebox 

If this is still happening, clear your cache files and restart your browser.

1 Like

Hi! Thank you for the suggestion, I just tried it, but didn't work. thanks again.

1 Like

Sometimes the listing drops its date made.  Check that.  It'll be in red.

1 Like

Checked that, doesn't seem to be the issue, but thank you for the response!

0 Likes

I had this issue, make sure that the listing doesn’t contain ‘amber’ or ‘Ivory’ as these words and similar are banned for some reason (even if describing a colour) as those items cannot be sold! Hope this helps

0 Likes

Thanks so much for the response! I wish this was the issue, but sadly not.

0 Likes
VogueVixens
Community Maker

Are you using the new version of listing manager or the old?

0 Likes

I have no idea if I'm using the new or old version... I know on my phone there's an option to use the new app, but I haven't done that. I also don't edit on my phone, too time consuming, I just use my laptop, but how would I get (or know if I have) the new version on my computer?

0 Likes

@Cinsidethebox The new version has tabs at the top of the page and a link to revert to the old format. When you revert you should see a feedback link. Please use it to let Etsy know about your problem. Here is the article about the new listing form
https://www.etsy.com/au/seller-handbook/article/1128070425806?ref=handbook

0 Likes

I'm having a similar problem.   When trying to add or edit listings, there's no "preview" or "publish" button.  My only option is to go back to the dashboard and lose all my work!

0 Likes

Right now, I'm getting an error message when I try to update my variations. I'll let you know if I figure out an answer!

0 Likes

Did you ever get it fixed? I'm experiencing the same issue. At the end I will get the "uh oh" message and it reverts back to editing the listing, but in the background it posts it to my shop and deletes all of the variations. I can't figure out why. 

0 Likes

I was out of town for a few days, so had to put it on hold, but looked again and it's still not working, so will try to contact Etsy tomorrow. Right now, I notice my issue is with editing just the variations. That's where I'm getting the error message. I'll let you know if I figure out an answer!

0 Likes

I am having the same issue. I make the changes to my listing but when I go to publish my listing it gives me the Uh Oh error and to please try again. I have been trying a few times a day for two straight days now. Not sure what to do next..... Very Frustrating!

0 Likes

Right now, I notice my issue is with editing just the variations. That's where I'm getting the error message. I'll let you know if I figure out an answer!

0 Likes

2 Likes

I clicked on the "Check out the new form here." from the article, but it just took me to my listings without the tabs, so I have no idea what is up with that, but thank you for the suggestion! I read the forums you sent as well, hopefully this issue gets fixed soon!

1 Like

I am having the same problem. I’ve chatted with Etsy twice today and was told it’s being forwarded to technical support. Have you had any luck?

0 Likes

I spoke with Etsy as well through chat and they said they're looking into the issue. If it effects many people, then it'll become a higher priority, so basically if everyone starts complaining about it, it'll hopefully get resolved quicker. Thanks for the response!

1 Like
shirtsyouwantco
Inspiration Seeker

im having the same problem , since last weekend , i uploaded bulk upload using a website called shop uploader have been using it for the past 2 months now no problem , until last weekend it completely ruined 2 of my listings the ones that had most of my sales in them , i tried to update manually nothing it keeps saying the uh ohh message try again i keep entering manually now my skus and my prices and all and then nothing gets saved its really frustrating please let me know if they do anything with you

0 Likes

My only suggestion is to complain Etsy chat because they said if a lot of people are having this issue, then it'll become a higher priority

0 Likes

videos aren't loading up for me in the new interface so I had to revert back to the old style and load it up via that.   You'd think all this would be tried and tested before going live.

0 Likes

Complain through the Etsy chat, so hopefully they'll fix this issue faster. They mentioned if it's affecting a lot of people, then it'll become a higher priority

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.