AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

Items with auto-renewal didn't autorenew

Dear all,

maybe you should check your expired items as well. I found 4 of my items having expired, they jumped from autorenew to manual by themselves.

One item was being edited by me, and instead of getting published, it was set as expired...

Anybody else affected?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Items with auto-renewal didn't autorenew

It sounds like a normal glitchy day on Etsy!

3 Likes

No, thankfully I haven't experience this.  I'm sorry to hear you have.  Other sellers have shared the same experience.  I'm assuming that Etsy is making changes to the site.  I'm just guessing.  But when changes have occurred in the past "mishaps" seem to have increased. 

1 Like

I have items in my shop that expired months ago, but still show up in search.  I have items that are auto-renew, that haven't renewed but still appear in my shop..... I take it as a win that I haven't been charged:)  I do manually go through my listings now and try to renew items when needed to give them a bump in search, but I'm not sure it makes much odds.  Just another Etsy glitch.  

2 Likes

There is the reported glitch where listings are mysteriously changed from manual to automatic renewal. This is the first post I've seen where a listing on auto was switched to manual.

However, everyone needs to pay attention when it comes to items that "never expire". Some shops have reported editing one of these listings will trigger a renewal fee when publishing the changes.
There have been reports of shops going on vacation mode & upon reopening their listings have suddenly disappeared &/or been placed in with deactivated or expired listings.

In one thread the OP reported where Etsy suddenly caught the glitch. A great number of their listings were suddenly all renewed on the same date. I believe they were even charged for the "glitch time" that the listing was active but should have expired. And of course, now all those listings have the same expiration date. 

So listing fees can suddenly be charged. While an Etsy glitch created the issue, technically the charges are correct. For some it might only be a few dollars. For others, those renewal fees could add up to a decent sum. 

1 Like
AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

@JMOldeVintage 

"There is the reported glitch where listings are mysteriously changed from manual to automatic renewal. This is the first post I've seen where a listing on auto was switched to manual."

Everyday something new here.

Did I mention that I must have been rotated out of sales since a few days... ?

Crazy...

1 Like

I have several items where that the expire dates have passed but they are still in my shop. This happened in past too.  I have all my listings on manual renewal so check things often. Weird.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.