Is anyone else having trouble publishing new listings?

I have a batch of new pendants to list and this is my first time trying out Etsy's new listing format. Unfortunately, I can't seem to publish anything. I jump through all the hoops, making sure everything's filled out, but when I click "Publish", I keep getting the message: 

Hm, we’re having trouble saving your changes. Try again, and if this keeps happening contact Etsy Support.

Why fix what wasn't broken in the first place? I don't see how this new format is superior to the old one (which worked just fine!). 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
9 Likes
26 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Is anyone else having trouble publishing new listings?

Use the duplicate feature on another listing and then edit it.

2 Likes
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

Although that will work, and is a good idea in this case, it shouldn’t be necessary.

2 Likes

I actually did just that and I'm still getting that error message. I just tried it again now and still... won't publish.  

Thanks for the suggestion, though. 

1 Like

I am having the same problem

1 Like

yes, I am having the same problem

1 Like

@HeatherJordanJewelry: There are many many threads in this forum about issues with publishing listings. The consensus seems to be to use the "old" listing form via a browser (even a mobile browser for app users having problems) until these issues are resolved.

4 Likes

Yes, On the top right hand side, it asks if you want to switch to the OLD FORMAT.

So,I checked the box, "Yes".

I think it helped.

0 Likes

I have tried to use the new listing format--what choice do we have? Whoever thought it is "streamlined" is so wrong. Anyway, I can't even figure out how to post something new on the forums. MY issue is that my photos disappear from my new listing before I publish it. I have saved listings as a draft to try and "save" the photos, but the photos still disappear before I publish the listing. Anyone else having trouble with this? Sorry to piggyback on this post.

1 Like

I went to the Support Chat and they said to make sure you clear all your "cookies"...In fact, if you clear your 
history, then that will give you a clean slate. If Etsy is using a 3rd party cookie maker (for lack of a better word), you will need to clear that out too/

As I had to .

I had to clear EVERYTHING out. (eg: Any past ads that tried to sneak in. I had to make sure they were gone).

Now things are running more smoothly.

I was able to load my photos on to my new listings very quickly and efficiently.

1 Like
ArtfulArt2
Inspiration Seeker

I THINK I FOUND THE SOLUTION (Etsy Listings Not Publishing) -- It is completely an issue with the ALT Text field that you add to the mockups. Remove the text and it will publish. ALSO for some reason, the ALT text field accepts 250 characters and sometimes it doesn't. After I removed the ALT text and my listing FINALLY published, I went back and added the ALT text. It would only republish if I brought the character count down. I reduced it significantly.

You can also try reducing the character count of ALT text first before you remove it all to see if it publishes. I'm going to try that next.

0 Likes

You can also just revert back to  the old listing format , a lot easier.

1 Like

Thank you for this. It was driving me crazy. I reduced the character count and it saved no problems. I brought it up with Etsy and they told me it was do to with Cache etc and not to do with their form being glitchy! Nevertheless, you found a work around and I am very grateful!

(Cant really revert back to the old forms now as we need to add alt text to get better searches etc)

0 Likes

Does the New form still make you wait for all your pix to load before you can move on? I hated that and went back to the old form where you can be completing the listing while the photos load. What a time waster!

0 Likes

How were you able to go back to the old format? I would love to go back to the old format. I have no patience and no time to deal with this new format. 

0 Likes

I had trouble when they first launched it but it seems they have fixed the problems--I have no trouble now. I have gotten that message before and I just try it again. I always copy another listing. One feature that I like about the new listing format is that the copy and disappear went away on the title. Many times I have tried to edit the title and I end up erasing the whole thing. Thankfully that is gone. I also didn't think the old version was broken except for the title thing. The new version is missing cropping videos, which I liked.

0 Likes

I do on the app but not my laptop which is usually how I list.

1 Like

I guess I'll have to go back to using laptop as well. I liked it better when I could simply use my phone 1 thing to do it all.

0 Likes
Raddiscocat
Inspiration Seeker

I'm having the same problem.

0 Likes
OakPGift
Inspiration Seeker

Try this: Welcome to your new, streamlined listing experience. Switch to old version

I got Etsy support call back, she gave me this solution, works!!

1 Like

I tried that and no help , guess they are tinkering around again 

0 Likes

I had this problem trying to publish and got the mmm message last night and gave up.  This morning I was going to try again but I could not even sign into my account now.  As far as I know I did nothing wrong and I did not change anything. I had trouble last year when they froze my account.  I think they are mean…

1 Like

I completely agree, it's difficult now to list or even understand why it won't publish. Very frustrating 

2 Likes

The new listing format is giving me fits. It wont load photos on the first try, & keeps bumping back to previous options when you try to move ahead. THIS IS NOT USER FRIENDLY! Etsy, please change it back or fix it and get the bugs out before you make it permanent. This is awful. I even deleted my seller App and re installed and it still wont work right. It is taking me 3 times as long to try and add new listings.

1 Like

I was wondering if everyone else is having issues listing their products on  Etsy. It's driving me crazy. I can't keep on trying to use this. I was looking on here to see what new platform everyone else is planning to sell on. No way can I spend over 30 minutes trying to post a listing. I have several items a week to post and this is too time consuming for me. It freezes up on each page, several minutes of hitting next to try to get it to go to the next page. They either need to go back to the old way of listing or I gotta close shop and find a new platform. But this is absolute garbage! It was a great site until they decided to change the way you list. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.