Hello, we received a notification that Etsy had deactivated one of our most popular listings because it had somehow triggered a policy violation.
The listing was our custom engraved family crest decanter set, this listing does not violate any of Etsy's policies. We engrave the family crest design ourselves and we only use our own heraldic artwork for each order.

Has anyone else had something like this happen?

Re: Invalid policy violation listing removal

Jump to solution

It seems that the bots are looking for trigger words with no consideration for context. Just as an example that may or may not apply to you, if you say an item is ivory colored the listing may get flagged because ivory is not allowed to be sold on Etsy. Since Etsy is now also factoring descriptions in search, they along with titles, tags. and materials are all probably being checked. And the bots are also "reading" images.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

I cannot respond to "hopeandjoystudios" this is for your response. I have checked all and have the "toxic plant" list from ETsy. I get that. But what and why do they block 40 other proper listings. This company is the worst for seller help. there is NONE if you have any technical or real issues. My business now down 50% compared to same period..... many best sellers are gone per Etsy and they are valid. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

To BagMakerSupply.... Does not allow me to comment up there.

Where and what is a "Seed seller application" 

Does Etsy ever contact a seller? Do they ever respond? I don't think Etsy cares as long as their quarterly numbers are good with Wall St. They can cheat us until we quit. Not worth this aggravation. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The same thing happened to me about a year ago. I sell both vintage and OOAK art pieces--2D and 3D collage/assemblages. The item deactivated by Etsy was one of my vases. The vase is a vintage ceramic piece I painted black and then covered with collage pieces and embellished with dimensional paint. It is basically covered in paisley prints--all cut from an artbook (purchased for that purpose and not copyright material). My description gives the history of the Persian boteh (tear drop/paisley design). Interestingly, the item was listed for about five years (sadly, not sold:)) before Etsy deactivated it. There is no way to email Etsy back to question their reason so my vase sits on a shelf--I may try listing it anew, but eliminate the extensive Persian history. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Crozroadz  :  If Etsy deactivated it, be careful about relisting it unless you know for sure what triggered the deactivation.  Have you tried Dashboard > Community & Help > Contact Us or https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_sell_star_seller-contact_select (there should be a "I Still Need Help" link at the bottom.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks for the advice--will try the link tomorrow:))

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have written to them so many times begging for help. They deactivated so many flower seeds that they had no right to do. They are not on the "toxic list" and now several of my flowers seeds..... when you click on as a buyer it says "not available in our area" which is so strange and out of line. I have searched my tag words, descriptions, titles and nothing is wrong at my end and they are ruining my store. I don't know what to do anymore. So disgusted. And to make things worse they are now putting in two items together saying "goes well together" and adds flowers that do NOT grow well together at all. So they are overriding my expertise now? Store is down 50% since they started this. I am really wondering what now? what if they never speak to me again?? Just quit this? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have tried that several times. Nothing helps. The BOT runs this business and sellers suffer and eventually quit. High fees and no service. They continue to destroy my store.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Stop giving advice since it does not work! Obvious you work for ETsy and do not realize the excessive damage they have caused. Etsy does not care! Period

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I had a pencil cactus succulent removed a few days ago. So many shops are selling the same item too. My listing has been live for many months. So frustrating, were you able to re-list your item? 

0 Likes
boxofus
Post Crafter

Jump to solution

Ho did you get in touch? I sent an email to support I was wondering if there is a way to chat with them.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.