12 days ago I received an email stating Etsy removed my best selling listing as it violated the handmade policy, it certainly does not, this must be a mistake. I make all my wooden shelves my self in my garage, with my design. I'm still waiting for it to be reactivated and have lost my income for the last 2 weeks. This listing drives 80% of my traffic. What can I do? My partner is about to have a baby any day now and I'm desperate to get my finances back in order. Please help!!!

Re: I've been waiting 12 days since Etsy deactivated my best selling listing!!!

The wait stinks and I fear it will only get worse. They have bots doing tons of incorrect listing removals and now it takes forever to get resolved. I had a false removal back in October of last year and opened a support ticket the same day. I summitted my evidence and proof  etc and updated the help request every few days with 'I still need help'. I waited 5 weeks for the initial generic copy and paste reply which I responded to with 'I still need help'. It then took another 2 1/2 weeks for them to review everything I sent, reply to me and resolve it. So 7 1/2 weeks... nearly 2 months.

I hope they resolve yours soon. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Thanks for all the advice, great information! I can't believe it took that long for you, it's really sad to think I'll be waiting another 3 and half weeks. I've probably already lost $4000 in profit. You would think the sellers would be a larger priority for Etsy, stuff like this is just going to push them to the competition like Amazon Handmade etc. I didn't want to look at other avenues but I can't have all my eggs in one basket with things like this. If they did handle their sellers better I'm sure it would benefit Etsy & their shareholders, they should give their phone support agents more authority to fix issues on the spot with extreme cases. I'd even be happy to pay for a premium seller support service if it was available. Just throwing these ideas out in case Etsy managment see this. 

1 Like
heavyistheheart
Conversation Maker

you could watermark pictures

2 Likes

It's a good idea, it may slow down the copiers a little. Thanks

0 Likes

It's now been over a month. Called again this morning, they just merged all my open tickets with the oldest one, told me again that it's been escalated and all I can do is wait. 

0 Likes

33 days, called again as I noticed the original support ticket from 33 days ago had been closed with no response. Apparently everything has now been put into a new ticket number that I can't see in my support requests list, I told them I couldnt see that ticket number in support requests, and they said it's normal, and told just to keep waiting, now I can't even see the open ticket but they assure me it's there on the phone. This is so stressful.

0 Likes

It's now been 49 days, no response from the team it was escalated to. Extremely frustrating! 

0 Likes

@admin Please help!! I'm desperate, case number 15281721

0 Likes

Have there been any updates? It's absurd that you haven't received a reply in a month and a half.

0 Likes

I had a listing removed for not being in line with the handmade policy, unfortunately it took about 4 months to get it reinstated. It was a best seller and a seasonal item, down across the entire season I lost a lot of sales Sorry I have no advice, only to say it probably will be reinstated at some point. The support we get is awful.

0 Likes
Tuppiy
Crafty Poster

Its main item is also for sale on "Temu" for a fraction of the price, but checking the measurements the size of the piece is much smaller.

Probably a copy.

I hope you can resolve the situation, it's really very difficult to compete with the Asian giants.

Tuppiy

0 Likes
MouseGarden
Conversation Maker

Help shouldn't take that long.  A month and a half?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.