I have been having problems for the last month uploading photo's to my listings

I have never had a problem before now it takes at least 10minutes to load one photo if at all. I use to be able to load them all at once now the wheel just keeps spinning and they never load. I don't know what to do I have tried Firefox still the same problem. I am doing this on my Desk Top. Like I said never a problem before. 

How can this be corrected it is very frustrating and very time consuming when you are trying to add a new listing to your shop.

Thanks so much,

MIchele

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
12 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: I have been having problems for the last month uploading photo's to my listings

Try resetting your modem 

0 Likes

Re: I have been having problems for the last month uploading photo's to my listings

It may be the size of your photos.  Check to see if that may be the issue.

If you have not run utilties in some time, clean out your computer.  The cleaner a computer is the easier it is to do anything.

If using wifi, try unplugging and replugging.  Sometimes that clears out dendritis,

0 Likes

I've had the same problem.  Sometimes it's just trying a bit later or just loading them one at a time.  It's a pain, but if I can get them loaded eventually, I'll be content.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@theraggedyrose  I know you said you're doing this on your desktop computer.  But are you using the new listing form as well?  If so, try switching back to the old listing form (I do every time, and have not used the new listing form, which BTW is not streamlined and more efficient than the old form).

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I tried the new and the old still the same problem.  My photo's sizes are the same as I always have used that I had no problem with. I have been trying to list a certain item for 3 days now and I still can not get the photo's loaded. This is so frustrating. Will Etsy ever get this problem fixed and we never had this problem before. 

Thanks again

0 Likes

I have tried everything and still my photo's will not load. If any load at all it takes at least 20minutes for one to load. 

How am I suppose to add new listings when I have to wait this long. I usually add 8 to 10 photo's to my listing.

This is so frustrating.

0 Likes

I created a listing the other day, I usually load 3-5 photos at most.  While the photos were loading I went about filling in the rest of the listing form.  By the time I was done with the details the photos were loaded.  The load time doesn't feel as long if you are doing something else with that listing in the meantime.  By the way, your shop is really beautiful.  Another thought, I have an internet provider that likes to throttle my internet.  Try different times of the day and see if there is a time that offers better service.  That might improve your upload.

1 Like
LilMissSweetPea
Conversation Maker

Sounds like an issue on your end. I have had no problems at all listing new products. Try using another browser, maybe you made a change on the current browser that blocks it. I am not technical at all, but I do think it is a problem with the browser you are using to upload.

0 Likes

I've had the same problem off and on for years.  Etsy is CONSTANTLY making changes. If I think it's on my end, I try another way of uploading on another device. Not everyone has that option, though... and it might not be device related but internet related! We had a period of time that the internet provider limited our upload speed so slow that I couldn't load photos at all! Check your internet speed to make sure it's not the issue. You can clear the cache on the browser just in case. If it's device or internet speed related, then changing browsers will not make a difference. 

0 Likes
CookieGrandma60
Conversation Maker

@MoreTreasurez  That was exactly my problem years ago. My internet connection was messed up for years until I switched companies. No problems ever since.

1 Like

I wish I could change.  I need wired internet where I live for my day job and it is the ONLY provider in this area for wired internet.  And, I'm paying a premium for low quality DSL at $100 per month.  I hate being held hostage.

1 Like
CookieGrandma60
Conversation Maker

@MoreTreasurez That really stinks. $100 a month for DSL is crazy. I also started with DSL when I first had the internet and it was lousy, too. Sorry you have to put up with that.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.