I accidentally set up a code with one click regarding abandoned cart that I wasnt ready to set and now I cant remove it and it frustrates and stresses me as the code is wrong and I dont want to have the discount on my whole store. I tried to contact etsy support center through the chat and it feels like it is down as I dont get any new responses. I only see old conversations and the chat is just open without anything happening. I need this issue to be fixed as soon as possible.

NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: I cant deactivate promo code

Looks like it's fixed now - I was just able to end my shop wide sale!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes

<End Sale Early> and <Deactivate Code> are back for sales and promo codes respectively.

3 Likes

I also accidentally set up a code for abandoned cart. I thought I would be able to send the coupon by my choice but it was applied to all my listings. There is no deactivation button under my discount offer - the details shows active status and unlimitted time offer. I had to go on vacation because I can't addord myself this discount offer. I contacted the help center, they promised to ask the responsible team to solve the problem. But I am still waiting with no result...I just want to stop this promo code/deactivate the offer and open my store again.

4 Likes

Exactly! I can't deactivate any of them either! GRRRRR!!!

2 Likes

I also would like to deactivate the abandoned cart coupon. There is nothing there to do so. Has anyone figured it out?

5 Likes

I’m unable to deactivate an old coupon code I’ve been using for awhile. The deactivate option is on all my coupon codes except that one. 

5 Likes

I just got into a chat and it was useless. I realize the chat rep can't fix a technical issue, but this is probably a lie. "We do have a dedicated team that can take an in-depth look at this and get back to you via email."

2 Likes

Deactivate button is missing on my thank you & cart promo code offers. Can’t end either offer on my iPhone via app or web.. I do see it’s available on my run a sale offer, though. I deleted the app, cleared cookies & cache, reinstalled the app but still not working. 

0 Likes

Same thing here. I desperately trying to deactivate some promo codes and set up new ones but there's no button to act. 

0 Likes

Etsy has changed the way abandoned baskets and thank you coupons work

Buyers will have 60 days to use abandoned basket offers, and 1 year for thank you offers set as the default expiration dates. 

So I assume, there will be default dates, or dates we put, but whatever we have the expiry dates set to, they are now fixed, and not able to be changed ... they will just expire on the date that is there.

2 Likes

I'm sure that's true, but the coupon I'm unable to deactivate was set up 2 years ago. It wasn't even set up as a thank you or abandoned cart coupon. I have 4 active coupons right now and the one created 2 years ago is the only one I can't deactivate. 

3 Likes

I don't get how the expiration dates work ... since the emails go out at different points in time for different buyers ... unless there is a different code for each day the emails are sent out

2 Likes
RueDeLouvain
Conversation Maker

Expire on the date that is there would be nice if you have one set. I have an offer without end date so effectively it will go on forever?

Catch 22?

2 Likes

I ended my promo code and now it’s active again with a no end date. This is most definitely a glitch on Etsy’s end. 

3 Likes

@DyeingForCrossStitch 

I stopped sending my abandoned cart and favorites coupons a few days ago and thought everything was all set. I just checked and my abandoned cart coupon is active again with no end date and no way to stop sending it. I'm positive that I hit the button to stop sending it. I wonder if Etsy plans to cover the discount? (that's a rhetorical question) 

The really weird thing is there's a notice in my Sales & Discounts section enticing me to set up an abandoned cart coupon. My coupon stats indicate that one has already been sent out this month. With today being April 2, that means it was sent yesterday or today, after I attempted to stop sending them. What a mess. SMH

3 Likes

@PiecesOfMePaperCraft

Thats exactly how it happened to me too. I talked to Etsy chat again today about it still not being fixed and if Etsy was going to refund sellers their lost revenue.  They eluded to Etsy refunding discounts, I’ll believe that when I see it. 

2 Likes

The technical support team sent me several e-mail letters. They promissed to settle the problem with deactivation of my promo code. It would take a few days as I understood. I hope that they are working over solving this issue.    

2 Likes

I just got off live chat with same problem, they are escalating to a tech team and will contact me via email. Has your issue been resolved yet?

1 Like

So I thought the issue was just related to my iPhone however, I just found I can't deactivate the codes on my desktop either! If this is something they changed, was anyone notified, if I had noticed that was a new rule, I would not have activated, sometimes I run a sale in my shop for less than the coupon code, so I don't want that option open for a year! It should be our choice if & when we offer a discount and for how long that discount is open for!!

Also, another issue, is sometimes I offer free shipping on certain listings, I do not want to give discount & free shipping or I lose profit. I'm not in this business to lose money! We need the "deactivate" button back!!

11 Likes

@MomsantiquesNthings: Agree with you about choice - we should be able to set the duration ourselves for 'Favorited item', Thank You' and 'Abandoned Cart' coupons, and for 'Abandoned Cart' we should also be able to select how long an item needs to be in the cart before the coupon applies and also the option to limit the coupon to the abandoned item only.

3 Likes

I thought that the abandoned cart coupon is applied only to the item left in the cart. Is it true or the person with a lucky cart can use this coupon for any item in my store? If it is so, what is the difference from the total sale? I have free shipped guarantee and lots of heavy things. I see the only way out of this stressful situation - just increase the prices by discount percent for 60 days not to lose money.        

3 Likes
hard2findstuff
Inspiration Seeker

Betreff: I cant deactivate promo code

I have the same problem ... still NO Deactivating button !!!

3 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

The 60 day and year expiration dates only apply to the abandoned cart and thank you coupons respectively.  There is still no expiration date for favorite coupons.  You can set an expiration date on all of the coupons you personally create.  Etsy only set expiration dates on 2 of the 3 coupons they create.  You can still opt to have Etsy quit sending cart and thank you coupons (at least I can).  If the seller could still deactivate the coupon, it wouldn't be fair to those that just got the coupon and thought they had time to use it.

@VintageWhatnotFinds 

It is true that cart coupons can be used on any item(s), not just the carted item and the discount will be taken on the total sale.

2 Likes

Thanks for your clarification about the application of the abandoned cart discount. Unfortunately for me, it is true. As a result, I've got the total sale. I used a quit sending e-mail button, but coupons had been already flown away and now would be as a ticking 60 day time-bomb for me:).

0 Likes

I am having the same problem.  The help center tonight first told me to just press the "deactivate offer" button, which does not exist.  Then she told me the reason it's not there is because I made the promo code "for all time".  Well, I never created the promo code, I simply clicked on a tab to start the "abandon cart promotion' at the beginning of the year.  We went round and round about how I set up the promo code myself and that I just need to stop sharing it with my customers.  I explained that I don't have any way of sharing the promo code to potential customers that have items in their carts and have not checked out.  I am happy to see this thread, I felt like I was going crazy!  Could anyone share if they have been successful deactivating the promotion.  I totally understand the frustration others are having with this issue.  Please give feedback on their promotion page in the  "discounts and sales survey".

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.