How long do shop rotations last?

Jump to solution

My shop has currently been invisible since June. I was hoping it would be made visible so that people can purchase again in September but sadly not. 

In your experience how long has your shop been blacked out for?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IndustrialBlonde
Conversation Maker

Re: How long do shop rotations last?

Jump to solution

@DarkWilds  I don’t know that my rotation (rotations?) have been as extended as yours have been but I can tell by the lack of favorites that my items are not being shown. And if there are no favs, there are no sales. Makes me sad. 

View solution in original post

2 Likes
37 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

What do you mean by invisible? I can see you shop and it's indexed.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@NanaLetha that's what Etsy have said when I contacted them but there is absolutely nothing happening for the last three months.

Have you ever had your shop put out of action due to rotation?

0 Likes
DragonflyDreams1
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I am so sorry to say this but looking at your shop hurts my eyes. All the { everywhere! And it could be those { are hurting your search visibility. I don't think you are dealing with a shop frequency capping issue. My instinct is that for the clothing you sell, at that price, you need a social media following. It is quite expensive and there is a very small segment of customers who are going to pay the price. You need a social media following that is buying your "vision". 

0 Likes
DragonflyDreams1
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I am sorry if I came across as unkind. It was intended as an honest opinion

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DragonflyDreams1  Not unkind, but I'm baffled as to what you are seeing that hurts your eyes?  You see brackets everywhere?  Where?

I had to really look for brackets, and only see them in the shop description at the top.

Maybe the OP edited already - I'm not seeing them in titles and descriptions, nor the About section.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@DragonflyDreams1 Hello, thank you for your opinion on my shop (which I didn't ask for, haha). No, that is not the issue at all. I have had plenty of sales at the prices which might be too expensive for you but not for everyone. 

The issue here is that there is a capping of visibility on my shop as many others have reported and that is what I am trying to work out - how long they go on for. 

0 Likes
timelapse
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@PillowDetails - section names

1 Like
DragonflyDreams1
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

yep, shop section names and shop description has double brackets front and back. Maybe it is a display issue? 

@DarkWilds I have experienced frequency capping for 3- to maybe 5 days.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Are you promoting your items? Most sellers have to promote somehow. Instagram would be a good one to use for your items. Maybe try updating a few titles, see if that helps. Just do a few, then wait 2-3 weeks and see if that made a difference. Then go from there.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@CatsBeadKitsandMore Yes, certainly I do promote. In case you didn't check before you suggested it I do use Instagram and also Pinterest and Facebook. I also update my shop regularly.

That is not the issue here. My shop was working fine right up until June. Many others have also reported the frequency capping which I believe I is happening to my shop. I am trying to ascertain how long those go on for.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

There is a wide variety of factors that go into your item’s visibility in search.

The way you write your titles - long lists of spammy keywords - is no longer recommended by Etsy. In fact, those titles will be penalized in search!

Educate yourself about how the search engine works now, and rewrite the titles and tags of listings that aren’t doing well.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@PlatypusDream That's correct! I am well aware of all of these. I have been here 15 years and keep up to date with all the suggestions on how to use this website. 

That is not the issue at all. My shop was working fine right up until June. Many others have also reported the frequency capping which I believe I is happening to my shop. I am trying to ascertain how long those go on for.

1 Like

Jump to solution

"Witchy" items are very trendy right now and competition is fierce.

Others may have better SEO than you that is more in line with current recommendations, so are doing better than your shop.

Also not a believer in rotation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAvxU7fEkO4

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I didn't look at your descriptions but putting chakra, moon healing, stega and witchy in the titles isn't helping.  I don't know anyone who searches for a witchy top unless they are looking for a witch costume.  And the moon healing and chakra may mean etsy is filtering out your items because you are not allowed to make healing claims on clothing or anything else.  Read up on SEO and redo your titles.  Good luck with your shop.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Lol. I think you greatly underestimate the current interest in all things witchy and spiritual.

It's important when giving marketing and business advice to not assume our personal opinions, experiences and inclinations are the same as everyone else's. Or that because we understand our own market or niche we understand others' too. 

8 Likes

Jump to solution

@howtobooksandmore really!? lol. That's quite funny. It is only your opinion and I certainly did not ask you to look at my shop and tell me what are and aren't correct keywords for my customs.

I am not making healing claims whatsoever in any of my listings. What a presumption. 

No, I don't need to redo my titles because they were working very well up until June. That is not the issue and I think that you have been rather ignorant of my issue. Please don't bother responding further.

1 Like

Jump to solution

These search words may be popular right now but are the people using them in searches looking for the items you sell?  Are you reaching YOUR target market with them?  If so, then go for it.  But you obviously aren't if you aren't getting orders.

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@DarkWilds  You can always try Ads to move you up further in Etsy search, or set up some coupon codes (for new and repeat customers) through your Shop Manager dashboard > Marketing >  Sales and Discounts. I agree with the other seller's comments about the symbols in your item section. If you feel your shop is "invisible" to potential buyers you may want to take new photos of your clothes up close (without hangers) or have someone model them to see if sales increase. Best of luck. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@SugarTaffySoap thank you for suggestions. It is always better to first ask if people are already doing these things. I have been here 15 years and yes, I do use ads and I do use sales and discount.

My shop has been working perfectly well up until June.

It is being capped in visibility.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

What is a rotation?

1 Like

Jump to solution

Something that could be used to explain low sales / traffic - the idea that Etsy rotates shop in and out of search, for whatever reason.  I'm not a believer.

2 Likes
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@DarkWilds You have had sales all summer so your shop is not hidden or on rotation.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@anythinggoeshere I have had a massive decline in sales since the start of June if you would like to look at my stats again and compare to the first half of the year.

Something has happened beyond my control.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DarkWilds The state of the world economy.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.