FunPunPlace
Inspiration Seeker

Helper message for my first order and I cant respond

Jump to solution

Hello everyone, 

I got this message from the Etsy Helper:

Hello, you are currently being contacted by Etsy customer service. Your item was purchased by buyer XXXXX, but an error occurred. Due to this error, you cannot see this purchase in your personal account. Please send us your email so we can send you a link to a page where you can confirm the sale and receive your money. Kind regards, Etsy Support.

However, every time I try to send my email address in the chat, it tells me that it is not a registered Etsy user. What do I do ?

Thank you all in advance!!

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Helper message for my first order and I cant respond

Jump to solution

@FunPunPlace stop trying!!! It's a scam.

Etsy buyers don't need your email to purchase. Etsy handles all the purchasing info and they already have your email address and bank information.

If you're not sure if the message is from a scammer, just tell them to contact Etsy as sellers don't handle the payment side of things. If it's a legit buyer, they will get the help they need. If it's a scammer, they won't get anything from you.

View solution in original post

6 Likes
15 Replies

Jump to solution

Its a scam!!

Etsy will NEVER contact you via messenger, they have all your information.

So many sellers have lost money to these scammers!

All sales will appear under the orders tab in your dashboard, anyone claiming anything else is trying to scam you.

Your shop is showing 0 sales.

You are lucky Etsy caught this scammer and removed their account, be careful with future emails claiming to be from Etsy asking for verification or similar, when in doubt ask in the forum before proceeding.

1 Like
DragoninKnots
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Yeah, it's a scam. Etsy already has your email address.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@FunPunPlace   The avatar from legit Etsy staff have an orange square with the Etsy E that overlaps the round profile image (partially outside the circle)- I believe this is not something scammers are able to do - yet. 

Can you describe what the avatar in messages looks like to confirm this?

* Looking again, I see an orange circle overlapping the profile pic on the message menu, but when reading the message, it's a square.

1 Like
FunPunPlace
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

The profil picture of the messenger is an orange square with the word Etsy written in white. 

However, even if I would want to respond to the message I can't....

1 Like

Jump to solution

@FunPunPlace stop trying!!! It's a scam.

Etsy buyers don't need your email to purchase. Etsy handles all the purchasing info and they already have your email address and bank information.

If you're not sure if the message is from a scammer, just tell them to contact Etsy as sellers don't handle the payment side of things. If it's a legit buyer, they will get the help they need. If it's a scammer, they won't get anything from you.

6 Likes

Jump to solution

Anyone can replicate the Etsy logo and font with just the basic design knowledge 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

You can't respond because etsy already deleted the scam account. 

They are trying to trick you into giving your financial information and then they drain your bank account. DO NOT FALL FOR IT or anything like this.

It's not how etsy works, or how etsy will contact you when there is a problem.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

What if they message you asking for you bank acc number and CVV is that etsy??????? 

0 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@Littlebitofeveryone NOPE.

If Etsy ever needs anything confirmed or verified, Etsy will put an announcement on your shop dashboard.  Etsy will never send you a link or request your information via email.  Etsy will always refer to back to your shop dashboard if they need something.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Unfortunately it sounds like too many new sellers have and they have lost money. If I won’t give the information out to a stranger on the street or on the phone then I’m not giving it out to a stranger that sent me an email. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Littlebitofeveryone 

If you gave them that information contact your bank RIGHT NOW or they will drain your  account .

1 Like
Junittulles
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

If you gave them bank info, block or cancel. your card immediately. They are targeting new and reactivated account. They will keep sending multiple messages to you to enter your bank details for etsy verification. Its all a lie. They will also ask for your phone number and a verification code, don't give the. Report the message as spam.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Kind of a zombie thread here

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It is a zombie thread. But for the sake of those who may not know:

Things to read:

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/Protect-Your-Account-From-Scammers/m-p/143158945#M1882

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/How-to-Spot-a-Scam-No-a-Buyer-Doesn-t-Need-Your-Ema...

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/New-From-Etsy-section-in-Messages/m-p/143722497#M1899

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000343128-How-to-Handle-Spam-and-Suspicious-Messages

If you receive an actual order, you will see it in your "Orders and Shipping" section and you will receive an email from Etsy notifying you that you have a sale, and there will be a notification in your dashboard as well.

0 Likes
CityScapesAI
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I received this same message today and from three different account users called "Helper", which were all in my Messages box and with different profile photos. The profiles were also all created today, which seemed to scammery for me, so I sent them all to Spam. 

I scanned one of the QR codes and it took me to what appears to be a legit Etsy Helper verification website, but when they asked me for the balance in my account trans then sent me a payment request for just under that amount, I just closed out the chat. I truly feel it’s a scam, so would advise you to not respond to them any more and block or send the messages to your Spam folder and report the users. Good luck and I hope you didn’t and dont lose any of your hard earned money from this. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.